Five

You walk down the elegant corridors of the palace, arm linked with Loki's. You had no fear of bumping into Thor, for he was on Midgard visiting his Midgardian friends. Following Loki to the unknown location, you admire the beauty of Asgard. You've lived here your entire life and yet you can never get used to it.

"It's so beautiful here," you sigh, your eyes flickering to Loki as he chuckles lightly.

"Wait until you see where we're going, love," he replies, his gaze meeting yours for a second before he continues staring straight ahead. You follow along quietly, enjoying the peace. It's been awhile since you've experienced peace, your days full of war and chaos.

A gasp leaves your lips as Loki leads you through large doors. The grandest garden in all of Asgard is surrounding you, engulfing you in a beautiful scent and amazing scenery.

"It is beautiful, yes?" Loki whispers, standing behind you. You smile slightly as you feel his hot breath on your neck.

"It's stunning," you reply, your voice soft and velvety. You turn to face him as music begins to play, filling your ears with the beautiful sounds of violins and harps.

"May I have this dance?" Loki questions, bowing slightly. A light blush creeps up your neck as you nod, placing your hand in his. His other hand moves to rest lightly on your waist, as yours moves up to his shoulder. You both sway back and forth to the music, Loki spinning you every now and then. As the song nears an end, he dips you, causing you to let out an amused laugh.

He lifts you back up, bowing once again, "Thank you for the dance." Your face heats up as he presses a light kiss to your knuckles. He still holds onto your hand as he pulls away, leading you to a different section of the garden. A table is set up amongst the flowers, golden dishes laying on top of the smooth wood, waiting to be filled with food.

Loki pulls your chair out for you, pushing it to the table once you've sat down. He sits down himself, and one of the guards comes forward to fill your glasses with champagne. You nod politely at the guard as he leaves, following Loki's lead and picking up the drink.

"To a splendid evening," he toasts. You repeat the words and clink your glass against his. You spend the rest of the evening chatting and eating, laughing at his stories and crying at others. It's soon well past midnight, signalling that you both must turn in for the night. He walks you back to your room, his hand encasing yours.

"I had a wonderful time," you whisper, trying not to wake the others as you stand outside of your sleeping chambers.

"We must do it again," he replies, his voice low and smooth. He kisses you on the cheek, bidding you a farewell.

It takes a long while for you to fall asleep, but when you do there's a smile etched onto your face and a dreamy look in your eyes.