Eighteen

You approach the throne room, feeling timid for the first time in your life. Your heart pounds in your ears as the guards open the doors, allowing you inside. Odin meets your gaze from across the room as he watches you come towards him. His face is contorted in displeasure as he looks at you, obviously displeased at your sudden return. 

Thor and Loki walk along side you, silently giving you their support. The silence in the room is thick as you stop directly in front of Odin, both of you staring each other down. Slowly, Odin's eyes leave yours as they sweep over his sons. 

"I am greatly disappointed in you both," he addresses Thor and Loki, his voice ringing out throughout the room. "Though I cannot say I am surprised. I figured that once you heard of her banishment, you would go to see her and convince her to return to me."

The three of you remain silent as Odin speaks, patiently waiting your turn to explain to him why you have come back. His eyes return to you, and his voice turns harsh. "You chose to be banished from Asgard, yet here you are standing in my throne room. What is the reason for this?"

You take a deep breath, calming your nerves as you consider how to tell him. "I have returned to continue with our original deal. The only reason I left was because I was afraid of how Thor and Loki would react once they realized what I was doing. I see now that they have no problem with it, as long as they both can continue to be by my side."

Odin purses his lips as he looks at his sons, as if he's gauging if what you said is true. Thor and Loki return their fathers intense gaze, neither one of them backing down. They needed him to know that they would always choose you over anything else. They stare at each other for quite some time before Odin finally breaks the silence.

"Very well," he sighs, leaning back in his throne. "Lady (Y/N) may return to her duties as the commander of my armies, and she may continue to court the both of you. But if she does not choose when the year is over, I will banish her back to Midgard and she shall never return."

You all nod in agreement, bowing to Odin before being dismissed. You physically relax the second you walk out of the throne room, Thor and Loki looking rather pleased at the outcome. 

"I am glad father has agreed to allow you to stay," Thor smiles widely, throwing his arm around your shoulders. Loki slightly frowns at the gesture, though he doesn't say anything. 

"If I am going to continue courting both of you," you begin, pulling away from Thor so you can face the both of them. "I am going to need you both to agree to not fight each other. I will not tolerate you fighting for my affections, as it certainly will not win them. You both need to accept that I love you both, and it will take me some time to make my decision. Until then, you need to get along."

Thor and Loki hesitate, looking towards each other. Surprisingly, it's Loki who agrees first. "I will tolerate my brothers existence if it makes you happy, Lady (Y/N)," Loki bows slightly, his hand pressed to his chest to show his sincerity. 

"I will not fight Loki as long as he does not provoke me," Thor replies, crossing his arms over his chest. You roll your eyes, but accept it nonetheless. 

"Very well," you turn away from the boys, beginning to walk down the hall. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must go unpack."

They watch you walk away before you turn the corner and out of sight. You smile to yourself as you walk to your room, rather happy to be home. You've certainly missed it here.

~~~~~~~

Just a short update! I saw quite a bit of your comments last chapter asking if that was it, and I'm curious as to if you thought the book was done already? I have many more things planned before this story ends!