Ten

Heimdall sent you and Thor through the bridge many hours ago. Now, you find yourself standing in New York, staring up at a tall building that his Midgardian friends occupy.

Thor leads you inside, saying something about a party and a new year. You both head up the multiple floors before the elevator doors slide open to reveal the party.

Your Asgardian gown stands out against the short cocktail dresses that barely cover the women's skin.

Everyone's attention is drawn towards the two of you as you step into the room, arm in arm. Thor smiles widely, booming a loud hello towards his friends, who he soon begins to drag you towards.

You walk elegantly towards the stranger, your eyes scanning across the crowds as you take in the strange attire and looks of the people here. You're pulled from your thoughts when Thor begins speaking once again.

"Hello my friends!" His voice booms as he pulls away from you, hugging a few of the people you have approached. "It is a pleasure to see you all! This is lady (Y/N) of Asgard, my date."

You can't help but to blush slightly at Thor introducing you as his date. The blush only deepens as you notice one of his friends examining your body.

"The names Tony," the said friend speaks, holding a hand out. "Its a pleasure to meet you." As you place your hand in his, he brings it to his lips, pressing a kiss to your knuckles. You squeeze his hand, deciding you didn't like him all that much. He winces, pulling his hand away quickly as he waves it in the air.

Thor laughs, clasping Tonys shoulder. "She's fiesty. The best warrior in all of Asgard!" Tony mumbles some unheard words in return, crossing his arms over his chest as he pouts.

"Don't mind him," another man speaks, causing you to look up at the tall figure. "The names Steve. It's nice to meet a friend of Thors thats not from around here."

"Anyone must seem nice compared to him," you state, looking at Tony. Steve lets out a chuckle, nodding in agreement. It doesn't take long until all of the Avengers are introduced to you, some saying hello while others simply wave.

"What do you think?" Thor questions, appearing back by your side after speaking with his friends for quite some time. "They are a rather interesting bunch."

"They certainly are," you agree, sipping at your weak excuse of a drink. It would take twenty of them for you to even get slightly buzzed. "I am glad you have people to look after you when you are not home."

Thor opens his mouth to reply, but closes it as people begin to count down, yelling above the music. Your body vibrates as the rhythms thump against the walls, moving through the air. You could barely hear as people shouted the numbers, all of them raising their drinks in the air as they pull their dates close to them.

When the counting reaches five, Thor turns towards you, wrapping his arm around your waist as he pulls you closer. You press one hand to his chest while the other holds your empty glass as you stare up at him, his heart beating rapidly against your hand through his shirt.

Each second passes slowly as you stare up at him, the music seeming to disappear as you focus on nothing but him in that moment.

When the clock hits midnight, Thor presses his lips to yours, encapturing you in a gentle and loving kiss. Its nothing like the one you've received before. It's slow, soft and set at your own pace instead of his.

When he pulls away, you're out of breath and slightly dazed. "Happy new year," he whispers, pressing a kiss to your temple.

Everyone screams for the new year, returning to the party. You stay pressed to Thor, a content and happy smile on your face.

It was a great way to start the next year of Midgardian life and you loved being a part of it.

~~~~~~~~~~
Happy New Year everyone!!!! I hope you've all had wonderful years, and I hope you're all excited for what 2018 has waiting for us!