Seven

You sit silently in your room, reading one of your favorite books as you relax. After a good day of training, you always enjoyed sitting back with a good story to build your mind after building your body. After only a few hours of reading, there is a knock at your door. Marking your place, you stand and move to answer it.

"Loki," you greet the raven haired God, taking a step back as you allow him to enter your sleeping quarters. He walks in, hiding something behind his back. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I brought something for you," he smiles, pulling the hidden item out from behind his back. In his hands, he holds multiple books that you've never seen before. "I just got back from visiting another planet, and I thought I would bring you some of their books to read. I know how much you love to read, and seeing as you've already read every book in Asgard, I figured you could use some more."

You gasp slightly at the surprise, gently taking the multiple books into your hands. Your fingers graze over the cover of the one on top as you read the title, recognizing the language to be from one of the nine realms. A smile graces your lips as you look up at Loki, hugging the books to your chest.

"Thank you," moving past him, you set the books down on your table. "It makes me happy that you thought of me during your travels."

Turning, you face Loki once again. Your heart thuds in your chest as you move towards him, wrapping your arms around his slim frame as you hug him. His arms wrap around your waist as he buries his face in your neck, breathing in your scent. You close your eyes, enjoying the feeling of his body pressing against yours. He shifts, pulling from you slightly, causing you to look up into his piercing blue eyes.

His hand travels from your waist, instead pressing against your cheek as he stares lovingly down at you. You hold your breath as he leans forward, your eyes fluttering close as he moves closer. His soft lips brush against your temple, causing your heart to skip a beat. The kiss lasts for only a moment before he pulls away, his eyes still closed for a second.

"I'm glad you love the gifts," he whispers, placing a kiss to your cheek before pulling away. "It took me a while to choose ones I thought would please you."

"I am sure they will," you reply, moving towards the bed. Taking a seat, you grab one of the books and look over it before looking up at him. "Will you read it to me?"

He smiles, chuckling softly as he moves towards you. You lay down on the bed, him laying down on the other side of you. Opening the book, he begins reading, translating the words beautifully. His smooth voice calms you, causing you to close your eyes. He reads the book until you fall asleep next to him, a smile on your face. Marking his place in the book, he stands, making sure not to wake you as he does so.

He places the book on the table with the others before looking at you. He can't help but to smile softly as he looks down at your sleeping form, the peaceful look on your face making him feel at ease- as if there isn't a problem in the world.

Bending down, Loki presses a kiss to your temple. "Goodnight, my love," he whispers as he runs his hand over your soft hair. "Sleep well."

With that, he turns and quietly exits your sleeping chambers, leaving you to yourself.