Twenty One

The day is finally here.

Your day started with a knock at the door, a guard letting you know that Odin has summoned you for a meeting. Your stomach twists into nervous knots as you get dressed, dreading having to make a decision. 

Taking your time, you walk down the halls at a slow pace, enjoying the fresh morning air. At this pace, it should take at least ten minutes to reach the throne room. Ten long, excruciating minutes. Sighing, you wring your hands together to try and calm your nerves. 

To distract yourself, you begin thinking of what the future would look like depending on who you choose. Loki and Thor both have such different personalities, and they both offer completely different life styles. 

Thor offers a life full of adventures- visiting different planets and meeting many new people of varying species. Without Thor, you never would have met the Avengers. You would have never been to Midgard and seen how different that world is from yours. With Thor, you would be required to be Queen, giving up your duties as a soldier. You would have to rule over the people of Asgard, and help Thor keep peace. 

Loki offers a life full of mystery and magic- something new lying around every corner. With Loki, you can relax and enjoy a life of luxury, while still getting plenty of adventure. He could show you the secrets of Asgard, things nobody else would know. He could read to you, take you to his favorite plays, or even spar with you. If you choose Loki, you would be allowed to remain as a soldier and would follow Thor's rule. 

If you were to choose neither of them, you would be banished to Midgard, no longer allowed to be on Asgard. You would no longer be able to see them everyday. Thor can visit Midgard every now and then, but you aren't even sure if he would be allowed to know where you are. You don't know the full terms of being banished. Would you be banished from their lives altogether? 

The thoughts swirl around your head, making you feel quite faint. You may have been given a year to decide, but that doesn't make it any easier. Having never thought about being forced to make this decision, you never gave it any thought before. You loved both Loki and Thor before all of this, yet you never actually thought about being with them. You did not believe you were worthy enough to be a wife to one of them. 

You reach the door to the throne room, the guards outside opening it for you. Taking a deep breath, you prepare yourself mentally before entering. All that can be heard are you steady footsteps as you approach Odin, standing before him. 

"Exactly one year ago, I ordered you to court both of my sons," Odin begins, his voice echoing throughout the room. Your back stiffens as you listen to him, trying to keep your composure. "I gave you one years time to choose whether you would marry Thor and become Queen, or marry Loki and remain a soldier."

You can hear your heart pounding in your chest as you stare up at Odin, trying to focus on what he is saying and not on what you are thinking. 

"If you have no yet made your decision, I will explain the terms of each choice to you," Odin rubs his hand down his beard, waiting for you to nod in understanding before continuing. "Shall you choose Thor, you will become Queen of Asgard. You will be put in charge of many things, and you will help rule alongside him. Being Queen is a stressful and fulltime job, but it also a great honor."

"Shall you choose Loki, you will remain as the soldier you are. You will rule under Thor, doing as he commands of you. There will be no dramatic changes to your life other than that and your marriage. I could understand how this would seem to be the easiest choice."

"If you choose to marry neither of my sons, you will be banished to Midgard," Odin leans forward in his seat, folding his hands together. "I am sure that should you choose this, it is because you already have a plan. Chances are you would simply live with the Avengers as you already know them. There are quite a few terms that go with this choice, though."

"You will not have contact with either of my sons while banished. Loki is to be banned from going to Midgard, rendering him unable to see or contact you. Thor, on the other hand, is allowed to go to Midgard. Whenever he visits his friends there, you are to avoid him at all costs. You are to either stay somewhere far away, or he is to never visit where you are. Understand?"

"Yes, my King," you nod, swallowing the lump in your throat. 

"What is your choice, Lady (Y/N)?" Odin questions, waiting patiently for your answer. 

The different options run through your head over and over, none of them seeming like the right choice. Either you become queen, remain as a soldier, or never see them or Asgard again. It seems impossible to choose, yet you have to make a decision. 

"I choose...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise! A second update in one week. This is sadly the last actual chapter of the storyline- the next three updates with be based on who you chose! There will be a Thor update, a Loki update, and a neither update. And, perhaps, maybe even a surprise update! Thoughts? Are you sad that its almost over?