Chapter 12

"Come on Liv. I wake up. Let me see those beautiful eyes. Please..."

I slowly peak open my eyes. "Oscar?"

Oscar smile and kisses my forehead. "Man, you're one tough girl."

I look around. "Where am I?" I'm laying down in a bed in a dark, unfamiliar room.

"You're at my house."

I attempt to sit up, but the aching in my head prevents me. "What?"

"Well, after Scar knocked you out, we fought. It wasn't pretty, but I got you out."

I look Oscar up and down. He has cuts and bruises all over his body. "Oscar, y-you look awful."

"I'm doing better than you," he laughed.

I roll my eyes. "Thanks."

He smiles as he lays down next to me. "You got beaten pretty bad. I promise I won't ever let that scum tough you again."

"Oh, don't you become over protective too."

"I won't. I'm just going to protect my girl." He smiles and slowly leans in and kisses me.

I smiles and kiss him back. After a few seconds, I remember. "Jack." I push Oscar away. "Oh no."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Jack must be freaking out right now. How long have I been out?"

"I brought you here yesterday night."

"Yesterday night?!" I put my hand on my forehead. "Oh no. Jack is probably worried sick."

"He is worried sick every time you leave his side."

"This is not the time for sarcasm, Oscar!"

"Hey, it's always the time for sarcasm," he laughs.

"Ugh!" I sit up, much to my heads displeasure. "I have to go."

"You can't leave, Liv. You can hardly sit up."

"Well, I can't let Jack be worried sick. At this rate he'll never let me out unsupervised again."

"Liv, you can't. You just have to stay here for a while."

"I need to go back!"

"Sorry! I can't just carry you back! I don't think your brother would like that very much!"

"Well he wouldn't like me staying here either!"

"Would you rather I just left you with Scar?"

"No," I sigh. "I'm just worried. Jack and I have never been apart this long."

"It's because he would never let you be away from him this long. If I were you, I'd be happy."

"Why?"

"It gets you some freedom for a while. And," he says, resting his forehead on mine. "It gives us some alone time."

I roll my eyes. "You are ridiculous."

"But you love me anyways."

"For some crazy reason I do," I say, kissing his nose. "Oscar?"

"Yeah?"

"Did-Did Scar say anything before you took me?"

He sighs. "He said he would be back. That he would take you again. But, I swear that I won't let that happen."

"He isn't going to stop Oscar."

"Well, between me and your brother, he has quite the army to deal with."

"True," I laugh, slowly starting to stand up. "I have to go."

"Liv, you're in no condition to-"

"I have to go. Jack is probably worried sick. I can manage."

Oscar smiles. "Can I at least walk you out?"

I smile. "It would be my honor," I say, holding out my hand.

He pulls right into a kiss. After a few seconds, he pulls away. "I love you. I'm so sorry you got hurt."

"It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you saved me," I say, leaning in and kissing him.
------------------------
After a long trudge, I eventually got back to the lodging house. "Hello? Anyone here?"

"Liv? Is that you?" Before I can even answer, I am wrapped in a hug. "I was so worried about you."

"I'm ok, Jack. It's ok."

"Where have you been?" He looks me up and down. "Who did this to you?"

"It's a...long story."

"It doesn't matter right now. I'm just glad my sister is back," he says, hugging me again.

"I missed you to Jack," I laugh, hugging him back.

"You look awful. You need to lay down," he says, leading me to my bed.

"I'm not that bad Jack."

"Well, I'm not taking any chances." He looks at me as I lay down. "What happened?"

"I told you...it's a long story."

"Was it the Delanceys?"

"No. It wasn't them."

His eyes narrow. "Harlem."

"Yes..."

He sighs. "They are going to pay."

"Jack wait-"

"First they come on my turf, then they soak my little sister!"

"Jack just list-"

"They are going to learn they can't even look at you!"

"Jack can you please just listen?!" I yell, causing him to stop. "Yes, Harlem did this. But they are doing it to get to you. Please, just leave it alone."

He sighs. "I can't promise that I'll leave it alone. But," he says, kissing my forehead. "I promise that I'll be calm about it."

"For sure?"

"For sure."

"Hey Jack?"

"Yeah?"

I smile. "I love you."

"I love you too, Liv," he smiles. "Now get some rest."