Chapter 25

"So," Oscar says, grabbing my hand. "Have you told Jack about...you know...the baby?"

"Not yet. Although I thought about it last night."

"Oh, yeah," he says, wrapping his arms around waist. "Can we just...not talk about that stupid mistake."

"Aww, but I like seeing how bad you feel," I laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Speaking of feeling bad, I actually stared doing my job at the refuge."

"What do you mean 'stared'? I thought you've had it for a while?"

"I have, but I never really did more then walk around with Morris. Now I actually need to help him?"

"Why?"

"You want our kid to eat don't you?" He laughs a bit. "Snyder says the more kids we bring in, the more he will pay us."

"Oscar, you don't have to do that. I can try to sell more papes and-"

"Hey," he interrupts. "We're in this together. It will be ok. I promise."

I sigh. "I just don't want you do get hurt."

"I worry more about you." He slowly backs me up into a wall, pinning my hands. "I can't loose you again."

"You won't loose me. Sorry, but you're stuck with me."

"I'm ok with that." He smirks before slowly leaning in and kissing me.

I smile and kiss him back. "Gosh I love you," I mumble.

"Well, it sure seems like you do."

I jump and pull away. "Spot? What are you doing here?"

"I was with your brother and a few other guys. Jack sent me to make sure you were okay. How you doing Delancey?"

Oscar notices that he is still pinning me and jumps back. "I'm f-fine."

"Well you sure looked like you were enjoying yourself."

"Spot, please don't tell Jack."

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't." He pulls me away from Oscar. "How long has this been going on."

"Um...a while."

"What do you mean a while? Does Jack know?"

"He doesn't need to know," Oscar says, pulling me away from Spot.

"He does need to know that his sister is hanging out with you."

"What is that suppose to mean?!"

"Enough!!" I yell. "Spot, I'm asking you as a friend to not tell Jack. It will...make things even harder. Especially if I have to hide...this." I take a deep breath before lifting the bottom of my shirt out to reveal my stomach.

Spots eyes go wide before he grabs Oscar by the collar and slams him against the wall. "You deserve a good soaking right about now."

"Spot!" I grab him by the back of the collar and pull him off Oscar. "Stop! Oscar and I are fine! We are going to raise the baby together! Everything is fine!"

"Listen Liv, you can try to keep this who thing hidden from your brother as long as you want, but it won't last. Sooner or later he will find out."

"And I will be the one to tell him, not you."

"Fine," Spot says, crossing his arms. "You win. I won't tell him. But you need to tell him sooner than later." And with that, he walks off.

"Wow," Oscar says, rubbing his neck. "I thought he was going to kill me for a second."

"He probably was." I sigh and slump up against the wall. "This is awful."

"Why? He said he won't tell."

"I know...but like he said, we can't keep it a secret forever."

"Maybe not forever," he says, sitting next to me and putting his arm around me. "But maybe a little while longer."

"I'll need to tell Jack soon."

"I know, but we can't just jump into it. We need to find out a way to tell him so he won't want to kill me."

I laugh a bit. "You're crazy if you think he won't want to kill you no matter what."

"I like to say I'm 'creative'," he chuckles.

I lean my head in his shoulder. "I just don't want to loose you."

"We won't loose each other. I promise. No matter what happens, I'll be right by your side."

"For sure?"

"For sure." He smiles before leaning in and kissing me quick. I smile, but out of the corner of my eye, I think I see someone's shadow run off.