Chapter 22

"You're right," Oscar says, grabbing my hand and leading me into the back room. He closes the door behind me. "We do need to talk."

I take a deep breath. "Ok, there is something I need to tell you."

"There is something I need to tell you first." He grabs both of my hands and looks me in the eyes. "I should have never have hurt you like that. I was a stupid, stuck up brat who thought it was okay to pull a stunt like that on you. It's not. As soon as I saw you I knew I messed up. Hearing you say that you never wanted to see me again broke my heart. Liv, I know I don't deserve you, I do. You're the good guy. You're Kelly's little sister. Girls like you, they don't date mean guys like me. You deserve someone who will treat you like royalty, someone who will never hurt you. Someone with money and a good education."

"Oscar where is this going?" I ask.

"J-just let me get this out, ok?" He sighs. "I have nothing to offer you. I have almost no money and I'm sure plenty of guys out there are smarter than me. But, I love you. I miss you, Liv. More than you could ever imagine." I feel his one of his arms snake around my waist. "I know it's a long shot, but could you give me a second chance?"

My heart flutters as I look into his eyes. Oscar Delancey, the guy I was always told to stay away from, the guy my brother said had no heart, was apologizing. He does truly love me.

"You know what Oscar?" I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You are one lucky boy."

"Is that a yes?"

"I swear if you pull a stunt like that again-"

"I won't," he interrupts. "I promise."

"In that case, I would love to give you a second chance." I smile before kissing him.

His other arm wraps around my waist and backs me into a wall before pulling me closer to him. My eyes widen as I feel his hands travel from my waist to my stomach. I try to stop him, but is to late. A second later, he pulls away. "Liv?" His breath is shaky.

"Oscar, I need to tell you something. But...please don't freak out."

He gulps before nodding. "Ok...I won't."

I take a deep breath before slowly pulling my shirt up to reveal my stomach. He doesn't move. His gaze is fixed on my stomach. "Oscar please say something."

"I-I...is it mine?"

I nod. "Yes, it's yours."

He looks up at me. "Does your brother know?"

"I haven't told him. It's been...kind if crazy these past few weeks."

"Um...wow this is...wow," he sighs, rubbing his neck.

"Is that a good 'wow' or a bad 'wow'?"

"I-I don't know how to react. I-I mean...I got you pregnant!"

"Y-your not going to leave me right?"

Oscar sighs and starts to pass the floor. "Gosh Liv. I mean...this is a lot to take in."

"Oscar..."

"It's just that...I'm to young to be a father."

"And you don't think I'm to young to be a mother?! You're not alone in this Oscar! I have to deal with this to!"

"I know! I know!" Oscar walks up to me and grabs my hands. "I'm sorry. It's just...this is a lot to take in."

"I know. I'll be honest, it was a lot for me to take in myself."

"So...what are we going to do?"

"What do you mean? We have no choice but to raise it."

He sighs. "Liv, I love you, but raising a child. We barely have enough money to raise ourselves."

"You and me both know what it's like to grow up without parents. I don't want our kid to go through that. I don't want them to go through life not even knowing who we are."

"What about your brother. What will he think about you raising a kid. My kid."

"Our kid, Oscar. And...I don't know. But, he'll have to get over it."

"Your brothers not the type to just 'get over' things."

"Well, he'll have to this time. So are you going to do this with me, or will I have to do it myself?"

Oscar sighs before laughing a bit. "You always did know what you wanted." He smiles. "I'm going to help you. This is just as much your responsibility as it is mine."

I smile, wrapping him in a hug. "Thank you Oscar. I love you so, so much."

"Hey," he says, lifting my chin. "We're in this together." Oscar smiles before kissing me.

"So," I voice breaks me out. "This is why you've been sneaking away from work."

I pull away and look at the voice. "Um...Oscar?"

Oscar turns his head. "Um...hey Morris."