Chapter 29

I groan as I slowly creak open my eyes, wincing as the light stings them. As my eyes adjust, the first person I see is Jack.

"Liv! Oh thank goodness you're ok!" my brother exclaims, hugging me.

"W-what happened?"

"You came to save me from Scar and he punched you in the stomach. You've been out for about a week."

Suddenly, all the memories rushed back to me. "The baby." I try to sit up, but a sharp pain takes over my body, pushing me back down. "What happened to the baby?"

Jack bites his lip as his gaze shifts to the floor. "Well, da boys all pitched in and got a doctor to come check you out while you were still passed out and...well...he said that you lost the baby."

I feel my face drop as tears sting my eyes. "N-no...that couldn't have happened."

"I'm sorry Liv. Maybe it's all for the best though. You're to young to raise a kid all alone."

"I wouldn't have been alone. I would've had Oscar. Wait," I say, slowly pushing myself up. "Where is he?"

"It doesn't matter, you'll never have to see him again."

"D-does he know about...t-the baby?"

"Why would he need to know?"

"Because he was the father, Jack! He deserves to know what happened to his child!"

"You listen here, Liv," Jack says, almost in a low growl. "I understand that somehow you had a...thing for Oscar. But, I am not going to have you get hurt by him. The baby is gone and it's for the best. I don't ever want to here about Oscar or the child ever again. It was a mistake Liv."

"It wasn't a mistake!" I yell, tears streaming down my face. "I love him, Jack and he loves me! Why can't you see that?!"

"He doesn't love you! He doesn't love anyone! He is heartless and evil! The fact that you were with him makes me me ashamed of you!" He covers his mouth when he sees my reaction.

"Wow...a-ashamed of me?" I mumble.

"Liv I didn't mean it like-"

"You're ashamed of me?! For loving someone?!"

"No it's not like that!"

"Than what is it like?!" I yell, pushing myself to my feet.

"Liv just sit down please," Jack says, trying to push me down.

"No! I'm not going to sit down!" I start to limp my way over to the door, much to my stomach's displeasure. "I'm going to see Oscar."

"Liv, you need to lay down. It's not healthy for you to-"

"I don't care! I'm going and for once you aren't going to stop me!" And with that, I walk out.

"Liv," I hear Race call. "Is glad ta see ya up. Where are you going?"

"To see Oscar."

"Don't you think you should rest a bit?"

"I need to talk to someone who isn't ashamed of me," I say, walking out the door and slamming it behind me.

It's painful and it takes a long time, but I somehow managed to make it to the refuge. "Oscar? Are you here?"

"Liv?!" Before I can even react, Oscar has his arms around me. "Thank goodness you're ok. I was so worried. Jack wouldn't let me see you and he wouldn't tell me if you were ok and-"

"Please don't talk about Jack," I interrupt, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"What's wrong?"

"T-the b-baby is g-gone." I burst into tears. "O-Oscar Is so s-sorry."

He takes a long, deep sigh before hugging me tighter. "Hey, it isn't your fault Liv." He pulls away, wiping a tear from my cheek. "Let's go somewhere a bit more private."

I nod and begin to follow him. "I-I was s-so mad that J-Jack didn't l-let you check on m-me."

"He made it pretty clear he didn't want me anywhere near you." Oscar leads me to an office and sits down on a couch, wrapping my arms around me. "But I'm glad you didn't let that stop you."

"H-he said he was a-ashamed of me."

"What?"

"H-he said he w-was glad I l-lost the b-baby and t-that he was a-ashamed you w-were the father."

Oscar sighs. "Liv, don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes I don't like your brother."

"It's ok," I say, wiping my tears. "I don't care much for him right now either."

"Hey Liv?"

"Yeah?"

He slowly leans in and kisses me, tangling his fingers into my hair. I kiss him back, leaning my head to the side to deepen the kiss.

After a few minuets, we pull away breathless. "I love you."

"I love you to Oscar."

"I've almost lost you way to many times already, but I'm not going to loose you this time. I promise."

"For sure?"

"For sure."