Forced Love

Prologue:

I waited tensly in frighened silence as the door slammed open. My hand covered my mouth on its own accord and muffled the scream threatening to escape my lips He was coming. He would find me.

"Where the fuck are you?" he screamed.

From my position under the bed i saw the bottoms of his legs near my hiding spot. Tears poured silently down my face.

"Come out....I know your in here....." he whispered darkly as he started pacing back and forth.

I didn't move. Not a single muscle in my body twitched, i was so consumed with fear.

"You ungrateful bitch! Come out and face me! I am your lord and master, after everything i've done for you and you do this?!"

This time i couldn't stop the small whimper that came from me. His deep laugh filled the room and the next thing i knew i was being dragged out from under the bed by my hair. I screamed in pain as i felt each individual strand being yanked out of my scalp.

He threw me on the bed and straddled me. His fist rained down on me with no buffer while he yelled profanities. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to protect my face with my arms. It wasn't until he put a tight grasp around my neck that i felt true fear.

My eyes flashed open and i looked into the eyes of the man that has been haunting my nightmares for years now. The evil eyes of my husband stared down at my thrashing body. My life flashed before my eyes. Images of how happy i was before i was taken right out of my perfect life by this man. how i was forced, threatened, and blackmailed into marrying him. Images how terrible my life has been since he became obsessed with me, and claimed he loved me. How at times i contemplated and even tried killing myslef to end the sufferring and pain.

But it looks like I won't be dying at my own hands anytime soon.

It looked like this time the Black Prince, my husband, would finally kill me.

....................................................................................................................................................................

"No Nelly, I'm not going."

"Oh come on Em, you have to go." my best friend, Nelly beggged. Her light brown eyes looked pleadingly at me from where she was lying in the grassy meadow.

I run my hands through the grass, relishing in the feeling of the gentle blades drifting through my fingertips.

"No Nelly, It's just a stupid Ball." I have been telling her this for days. Ever since the invitation was posted in the center of our village, Nelly's had the dumb idea that it would be great to go.

But not me. Balls are just not my type. It's where the elegant rich ladies and lords got to. All it is used for is social status, and i'm fine spending the rest of my life as a farm girl.

"But it's the first ball that has ever been hosted in this region! When will a chance like this ever come like this again?" Nelly whined

I sigh annoyingly, "If you want to go to the ball so bad, than why don't you go yourself?" I have better things to do, i thought. even though a part of my mind was wanting to go and experience a change for once.

"Papa will never let me go on my own. He knows you are the responsible one between us. Pleeeaase, i'm begging you to come." Nelly crawled on her hands and knees till she was in front of me and grabbed my hand. "This could be our chance Em! we could get out of this village, we might meet a Lord that will fall head over heels in love with us and make us princesses..." Nelly got that distant face as if she was daydreaming about becoming a princess and having a handsome prince.