Chapter 3

The Black Prince begrudgingly got off my trembling body and he shoved the door open. His hand roughly grabs me by the arm and drags me out of the carrige. I get my first look around, only to be confused.

This is the famous Black Prince's Empire? This is the land of terror?

It was a mear village. There was a couple shacks that lined a dirt road and was surrounded by a dense forest.

The shock gave me my voice back. "this is it?" i asked in disbelief.

THe Black Prince who had been shouting orders at his soldiers turned to look at me with humor in his eyes. "Of course this it. We will be resting here for the night, before departing in the morning. My land is still a fortnight away." he laughed quietly. "Did you honestly believe that this village was my empire? I shudder at the thought of living in lowly peasant village."

The anger i had at him was unleashed once again at that statement. A lowly peasant village? "Well pardon me My Lord. I just happen to live in one of these villages." i sneer.

"What? You grew up in one of these towns? But your dress...it looks so elegant...like you are a lady..."he said aghast.

I hide my head in embarrassment. "It was borrowed."

"Ah...well this is a good thing for you. You will get to live the lavish life of being my Queen. No more chores or hard work, you will have my slaves bid to your every need."he said rubbing my back soothingly, which just made me flinch.

"I have never wanted to live that life, and never will." I stubbornly say.

he looks at me amusingly "Everyone secretly wants that life."

Just before i was about to say something that would get me in trouble i caught sight of Nelly. A big burly man was pulling her along by a rope that was tied around her neck. I tried to run to her but The Black Prince's hand pulled me back into his body. His chest was pushed against my back and his arms were wrapped around me.

He whispered into my ear, with his lips moving against it. "Do you see how much better treatment you are getting than your friend?"

I instantly submitted to him at the sight of the cruelty towards my friend. "P-please my Lord. Please don't let your men hurt Nelly. Don't let them...violate her in any way." tears are leaking down my face by the time i finish. THe big burly man dragging her tugs on her leash hard making her stumble into the dirt.

THe Prince turned me around and looked me in the eye with deep thought. He wiped the tears from my face and left his hand against my cheek. "fine i will grant you this wish as long as you grant me a wish tonight." he says mischeviously.

I gasp at that, thinking of all the possibilities of what his wish would be. Of all the things he would wish for, the most likely thing he would want to take is the thing she holds dearest. My virgintity. He would want to take my innocence tonight, i thought  wildly.

But its for Nelly.

I can't let her be abused like that women in the ballroom was. My sacrifice will be worth it.

"Fine, my Lord I will grant you a wish. As long as you promise to not let my friend be hurt in any way."i whisper, barely audible.

He smiled widely. " Then it's a deal." and waved the burly man with Nelly over.

Nelly tries to force a smile to her face when she sees me but her eyes betray her. She looks terrible. Her clothes are ripped her face is smeared with blood and dirt, and bruises cover her arms.This time the Prince releases me when i go to her. I wrap her into my arms in a tight hug, but stop when she gasps in pain. I pull back and look into her frightened eyes.