Chapter 5

"Run!" I gasp to Nelly.

She sends me a fearful gaze but lowers her head and pushes herself harder. In the distance Horns blazed and dogs were barking. He must known ive escaped by now. The Black Prince will surely hunt me down like an animal. He wont stop till he finds me.

I pushed myself harder with that thought. My feet flew through the muddy forest floor. Trees rushed past me, and my my lungs ached for oxygen.

Horse hoofs reached my ears, and dread coursed through my veins.

I looked at Nelly and realized something. We need to split up. The horseman and Prince will surely follow me. All Nelly has to do is keep runing till she reaches a town.

"Nelly," i pant, "We need to split up! Keep running, find a town. Get back home and tell my parents i love them. I promise you, someday we will meet again." and with that a dart off in the opposite direction.

'Wait-"

Her cry of despair was cut off when a loud bark sounded close by. I glanced behind me to see her retreating form dart into the darkness. And then she was gone. Stupidly i stared off after her while my feet kept going. My stupidness cost me when my foot caught on a root, and i tumbled to the ground. My hands scraped painfully against the ground and i cried out in pain as my wrist sprained.

The horses were so close now. the tracking dogs were right on my trail, and soon they would catch me.

I pulled myself off te muddy ground and stumbled along. Not willing to admit defeat or be captured, i ran on.

Up ahead there was a clearing. the moonlight shone down apon a vast river. Hope splintered with in me as i saw its glistening water. If i could get to that, i could swim to the other side. Then the dogs will lose my scent and the horsemen wont be able to cross.

I was only about 100 yards away...

75...

40...

15...

At about 5 yards away i was caught.

A horseman had caught up to me until he was riding right next to me. I didn't bother to look over at him, only focused on getting to the river. But he got close enough to grab my loose hair in a tight fist and yank me off my feet. He then threw me against the ground with a loud thud, and my head banged against a small bolder. Blackness took over as an intense pain went through my whole body.

I was awoken to sharp stinging to my left cheek. I looked up to see a big man standing over me with his hand raised. I was still lying on the ground only feet away from the rushing river.

"I've got her!" The man yelled into the forest, and instantly more horseman arrived at the scene.

I tried to raise my arms to fight the man off to dive into the river, but an intense dizzyness came over me and i had to fight away the black spots that clouded my vision.

"P-please, let m-e go." I begged pitifully

The man looked at me with a cruel gaze.

"Now why would i do that girly? " his grimey hand traced my cheek down to my neck and hesitated at my breasts. "If the prince hadn't of told us not to touch you, i would be having my ways with you right now."

I shuddered with disgust as his lust filled eyes stared down at my body. I was barely covered, for my dress had ripped in many places. Showing some thigh and a milky white shoulder.

"Maybe the Prince will share..." he said thoughfully "YOu sure are a pretty thing."

"Hey Peterson. enough with the talking!" a voice shouted, "lets take her back!"

Peterson got off me, and pulled me up. I was once again tied, but this time with my hands behind my back. i got thrown over the back of someones leg on a horse and they took off. The only thing preventing me from falling off was the mans tight grip. But his grip kept lowering till he was pawwing at my butt and squeezing my curves. I could feel his excitement against my stomach.

WE reached the little town and i was tossed painfully to the floor. I landed in a heap, and curled into a ball.

Little time passed before i heard his voice.

"Where is she?" he yelled.

"She's over there Drake." (A/N: His first name is Drake, and the Black Prince is overused) a man said.

I closed my eyes shut as i heard his footsteps near me. His rough fingers rolled me over. As expected, the blow came to my face hard and fast. My already buzzing head snapped back and I gasped.

"don't ever run again."Drake said menacingly. He backhanded me across the jaw, and tears leaked from my eyes.

His cruel eyes changed. They softened as he stared down at my quivering form. He looked at me as if I were his everything. He gently pulled me into his arms and hurried his face into my hair.

"I thought I had lost you." hi whispered sorrowfully

wow, he's crazy. One moment he's beating me and the next he's close to tears.

"but you wouldn't have gotten far, I would've tracked you down till the ends of the earth. Your mine and forever shall be. Nothing can take you away..."

I just squeezed my eye shut as his soft sobs muffled against my hair

When he finally had let it all ou, he got up and picked me up. He walked over to a commander.

"Did you get the other one?"the Prince asked

Nelly!how could I of forgotten. Oh please God let her have gotten away. I held my breath as I waited for his answer.

"No Milord, she crossed the river and we were unable to follow her."

Oh thank God! at least one of us made it....

But instead of acting in rage like I expected, Drake just calmly looked off into the forest.

"No distress then. She'll be dead before morning."

I choked on my breath and look up In surprise.

"What?!?!?" I gasp.

drake smiles down cruelly at me. His rough hands trace my face and neck. I push his groping hands away with my bound ones, but he just roughly tugged me closer.

"Oh yes. These forests are notorious for the wolves and beasts that live within it." he laughs

I whispered, "no...."

"Yes, with your little stunt you just pulled, you have gaurunteed her death."