Chapter 14

The first thing i notice about the is that the room is beautifull. The giant lace curtains are pulled aside, and the sunset's rays streamed into the room giving it an etheral glow. The throne room, which was normally bare, was set up with a giant isle straight down the middle covered in a bright red carpet. Church pews, taken from the local parishes were lined up facing the front. Flowers decorated the sides of them and the walls. the chandiliers dangling from the ceiling were alit with candles. Overall it looked like a fairytale wedding.

THere also had to have been at least 200 people. I have never met or seen any of them in my whole life. These were the people who belonged to the castles court. Dukes and duchesses, lords and ladies, earls and knights. young and old they all sat in their finest clothes awaiting to catch a glimpse of the soon to be princess. Some looked at me with curious eyes, but others, yound ladies in particular, looked at me with jealousness and malice.

They obviously wanted to be in my position and have the Prince to themselves.

My eyes strayed across the room and landed on the King and Queen sitting on their thrones. The king looked at me longingly as his eyes took in all of my body. They paused on my chest, which were showing a little too much for my taste. I remember when drake first introduced me the king had his hands all over me, even in front of his wife, the Queen! He had no respect for his wife at all, and now he had the nerve to lick his lips at me while his beautiful wife sat watching on?

I looked to the Queen and was overcome with all the sadness in her eyes. She looked as if she understood what I was going through.

I wonder if the king did the same thing to her that Drake is doing to me?

It would make sense. Why else would draKe turn out to be so demented?

I would have been lost in my thoughts about the royal couple if not for the loud chords of he organ echoeing through the room. A beautiful melody drifted through the room, and if on cue every single head in the room turned towards me. I was met with the cold curious stares of all the court. All were judging me, sizing me up.

Nervously I took hold of my fathers arms and began my walk down the isle. A long awkward walk.

It felt more like i was walking towards my death. the whole time i kept chanting. You can do this, You have to do this, think of your family.

Although i didn't want to look at him, i finally met Drake's eyes as i walked. He was dressed in traditional royal prince wear and had a giant smile. But different from all the other times i have seen him, was the fact that he was wearing a golden crown on his head. Unlike his parents, his was smaller and less grand. but either way it was a crown.

It reminded me exactly who i was about to marry.

A prince.

The Dark Prince.

The Black Prince.

Bile rose to my throat, but i swallowed it down and walked the rest of the steps down the isle. when it came time to let go of my father and turn towards Drake, i froze. My fingers dug into Father's coat and refused to let go. I turned to stone, and could not move my limbs for what seemed like an eternity. Finally Dad gently pried them off and gave me tight hug.

I looked towards my mother and brother seated in the front row. Both had tears streaming down their faces.

Why is this happening to me?

A firm hand wrapped around my bicep, and i turned to see Drake. He nodded at me and pulled me up to the altar where a priest was waiting.

A priest? Surely the Priest realizes this is unlawful? He must know that i am being forced to marry this man against my will? He can not, under God's rule, perform this marriage. right?