Chapter 7

I gaped at the mighy structure in front of me. I'm sure if a fly was flying around I wouldn't have noticed if it flew down my throat. My eyes were riveted to the gothic castle before my eyes.

All I could think was...that it was beautiful.

High arches, steep towers, colorful stained glass windows made up the fortress in feont of me. If it weren't for the situation I was in, I would have been overjoyed to be at such a place. The purple mountains in the background mixed with the parnge setting sun took my breath away. The surrounding forest looked so green and full of wildlife.

It was amazing that such a magnificent land could be owned by such monstrous leaders.

The steel gates opened for our company, and the soldiers with us on the journey rushed in ahead of us. Boy, If I thought the amount of soldiers with us before was a lot, I was hugely mistaken. Inside the walls soldiers were everywhere. All wearing their kingdom's emblem proudly. I thouht the amount that the Black Prince brought with him to the ball was half his army! Boy was I wrong.

This worsened my mood tenfold, because before if I had any chance of escaping was now diminished by these vast numbers.

No one spoke of the Black Prince's empire as being this big. Everyone assumed he was just an arrogant landlord in the west that owned some land. But this was bigger than that.

I was interrupted by Drake pulling me out of the carriage. I craned my neck p to glimpse the window of the highest room of the tallest tower. It so high up!

Drake ushered mepast all of the gawking soldiers. All of them kneeling, but some glanced up at me with curious eyes and lustful expressions. The main doors of the castle were opened to a grande throne room where two figures sat. Both obviously Drake's parents. The old man and woman sat on chairs of gold and were adorned in jewels.The king had graying hair, but other than that he looked almost completely like his son. Both were huge in their physical appearance.. The woman was a petite little thing with red hair. Deep wrinkles were on her face as if she has lived a hard and stressful life. But besides them she obviously was beautiful.

"Son! You finally return to your kingdom After your two month long escapade..." his dark eyes trailed over to me and down my tattered dress,"and you brought home...a whore?"ar

I gasped at the kimg's hurtful statement.

Drake gritted his teeth and uttered "No."

"A new slave?"the king pushed on, obviously thinking of me as lower than dirt.

"No father."

"then who is this stunning creature standing before me with frightened blue eyes?"

Drake wrapped his bulky arm around my waist and pulled me close.

"She is my bride." the Black Prince stated proudly.

Wight that reminder I couldn't help but let a few tears fall.

The king studied me closely for a second and glanced over at his wife. The queen had some sort of emotion swirling through her eyes. It almost looked like ....remorse.?

The king let out a frustrated breath. "You didn't even thing to ask your father of his opinion on this matter? You know you must have my permission when it comes to marriage."

Drake's grip tightened around me, like he would never let me go.

"Well the father, if you insist....Mayi have your permission to marry Elizabeth, this girl that I am positive is my soulmate, so that she will be mine forever, and can rule by my side as the future queen of this kingdom?" he asked stubbornly.

The king rubbed his chin in thought before he surprised me by asking me a question.

"Well dear Elizabeth, how do you feel About the prospect of marrying my son? Do you want to marry him and become a queen?"

My eyes widened in surprise. He was asking of my opinion? Maybe the king wasn't as bad as his son. Maybe he will let me leave of I tell him the truth. About how his son kidnapped me and threatened me, and that I hate him with a deep passion.

I glanced up at Drake Only to find him glaring down at me threatenly. His eyes told me a hidden message that I got clearly. If I leaked the beans, I would regret it.

But I couldnt let my life be dictated by this evil man. My hands broke our in a sweat as I tried to find my voice.

"Well?" the king pressed

"I-I, uh,...." I stuttered nervously as I glanced around the room.

The court people all stared at me with blank faces. Dozens of men and women sat in a little audience area looking on with boredom. My eyes roamed to the king who was leaning forward in his seat waiting for an answer.

Finally I looked at the queen.Her deep green eyes was filled with so much pain. Her mouth was open as if she wanted to say something, and her hands gripped the throne so tight that her knuckles turned white.

Her expression finally gave me the strength to speak.

"No."Issue strongly.

"what?"the king asked incredulously.

drake's hands gripped me so tight that It would surelyleave bruises in the morning. But I ignored him and shrugged his arms off of me. I bravely strode forward untill I was directly in front of the king.

"I said no. I would rather die than marry him. I detest him. He kidnapped me and my friend from a ball where he massacred everyone. He threatened my friends life and my family. he has done things to me that I shudder to think about.I can't stand the thought of him touching me, much Less marrying him. So please my lord, release me so I can go back to my peaceful life and train your son to not act like such a monster!" I begged.

The Black Prince rushed up from behind me a yanked my hair till I was bent back at an odd angle. And then he slapped me across the face. "Why you little bitch!" he screamed in my face.

He pushed me on the ground and started kicking me in the stomach over and over as I cried out in pain.

"Enough!" the king bellowed.

"father I can exp-"

Instead of sending the guards after drake like I expected, the king started laughing. He laughed so hard while he grabbed onto his rounded belly. What is he laughing about?!

"Oh my son! You remind me so much of myself when I was your age! Your lucky finding such a beautiful spitfire like her. Bring her up here so I can get a closer look." the king said happily.

What?I wanted to cry out. He just laughed after all i told him, and of what he just saw? This has got to be some sick joke.

Drake broke out in a huge grin and pulled me up closer to his father. Once when I was kneeling in front of the man who I was soon realizing that he was just like his son, the king reached out and touched my face. This finger traced my cheek, jaw, lips and the trailed down my neck.

"isn't she beautiful Mary? Perfect face of a queen...reminds me of you." the king whispered to the queen.

The queen bites her lip and looked down at her hands in her lap.

The kings hands get more touchy as they lower until he's cupping my breasts. I squeeze my eyes in humiliation as he squeezed my breasts. He traced his hands along my hips and curves with greedy hands. When the king started to pull up my skirts and reach a hand under then, was when Drake finally decided to interrupt.

"enough father, she's mine. And mine alone."

The king sat back grumpily. " very well. I give you my permission to marry this young girl."

"what?!?! no, you can't do this!!! Please!" I screamed

My cries go unnoticed by everyone except the queen who glances up and looks at me with tearful eyes.

"Thamk you father." the Dark Prince said with a big grin.

"anything for you son, I'll have the astaff start planning the wedding immediately."