Chapter 9

Two days went by in a blur. All Drake talked about was the wedding. Wedding this, wedding that. What we would do on our wedding night....and it wasnt sleeping.

something changed in me after Gwendlyn shared her tramatic story. she inspired me to be stronder than i was. I was no longer the meek little girl that would just turn her head. Instead of crying inside like a little baby when Drake did htings to me, i would talk back. I got a snarky attitude whenever he was around. I told him what i thought of him; bastard, slime, demon, ect. I no longer shied away from his strikes, and to anyone watching it would seem that i purposely riled him up. I was fed up. Just because he is a prince doesnt mean he gets everything, and he sure as hell isnt getting me.

Frankly im humiliated by all the begging i did to him.

Sure I'm still afraid of him and what he can do to me, but I'm not going show it.

It's not like he has any leverage over me. He took me away from my fammily and Nelly is God knows where. she could be dead for all i know.

Now whenever he threatened me, i stuck out my chin, looked him in the eyes, and dared him to make his threat come true.

Some may think i was asking for a death sentence. Maybe i was.

But i knew he would never kill me...he's obsessed with me. He wants me too bad. It drives him insane that he has to wait for his wedding night to take me. But now that the wedding is only two days away all he talks about is making me his. In every way possible.

But what he doesn't know is i'm escaping this damned castle.

Tonight.

The Duke from the neighboring kingdom had already arrived. I had watched from the balcony as he walked through the gates along with hundreds of soldiers. This made Drake's soldiers distracted and tense.

The perfect time for me to slip away with Gwendlyn. they would be to focused on watching out for attacks that they wont notice me escape into the night.

This would work. It has to.

I was pulled out of my wandering thoughts when Drake came up behind me and started kissing my neck. I let out an annoyed sigh and walked away from him. He didn't give up that easily though. He followed me around the room and grabbed my waist from behind and pulled my back up against his chest. I elbowed him in his gut and jumped away. But he barely felt it and continued to chase me. I ended up being tackled to the bed an Drake pinning me down.

"Well, aren't you in a playful mood today love?" he whispered humorously. He seemed to think this was some cat and mouse game, or my way of teasing him. from the increasing hardness against my thigh, he was enjoying it.

I was tempted to spit in his face, but i knew that would do me more harm than good. So i just glared at him as he smiled down at me. He was just about to reach his hand under my skirts when a knock came at the door. He cursed violently and rolled off me. He strode over to the door, opened it, and had a quiet conversation with the guard.