Chapter 12

"Do you love me now?"

The words passed through my ears without me comprehending them.I knelt there on the ground not believing my eyes. The three people i loved most in this world were in the cruel hands of this monster. He was free to do anything to them now that they were within his reach. And by the looks of it he has already hurt them. 

THeir bodies were beaten and bloodied, and for a second i thought they were dead. I could barely see the rise and falls of their chest. Papa's eyes looked swollen shut and blood was dripping from his nose. Thomas, my younger brother only thirteen had a gash at the top of his temple along with a split lip, there was blood all over him.  Even poor mother had bruises reigning over her face and arms.

I thought things couldn't have gotten any worse than before, but my God i couldn't have been more wrong. He seemed to know exactly what could hurt me most. First Nelly now my family? And God knows what happened to Gwendlyn.

This was a complete nightmare.

I reached a hesitant hand towards Thomas's face, needing to feel him,  but my arm was quickly pulled back and i was spun around. I came face to face with a smirking prince.

He knew.

He knew that he had won.

And i wanted to slap that knowing smirk off of him. No, i wanted to kill him.

"Did you not hear me sweetie?" he purred and caressed my face softly.

I cringed away from him, disgusted by his touch. Tears started falling, and within seconds i broke down into giant heartwrenching sobs. All my pain and fear went into them. I could barely breathe past the  tears, and all Drake did was stand there and smile like he had won a giant prize.

But he has won. He has got the one thing that he will always be able to hold over my head.

I would do anything for these three, and he knows it.

How did he even find them?

Drake's deep voice brought me out of my helpless sorrow.

"Wake them up, maybe then my lovely bride will be able to...appreciate this wonderful gift i have given her." he squeezed my arms painfully "Is this not a gracious present i have bestowed on you love? I have reunited you with your family! You should be kissing my feet in joy!" he laughed

The guards disapeared out the door but returned quickly with buckets of water which were then splashed over my family.

Mama and Papa were quick to sit up and glance around in fright, but Thomas took a while which frightened me.

How badly had they hurt him? He is just a child, for God's sake! No older that thirteen!

all three looked completely confused and terrified. Their frightened eyes darted aaround the room looking for answers. At first they completely overlooked me.

Mama was the first to see me and her face turned to one of surprise then to happiness. If only they she knew...

"My Baby!" she cried out in joy and lept up.

Drake and the guards did nothing to stop her as she rushed over to me and engulfed me into a hug. She even ripped me completely from Drake's arms.

"I can't believe we found you! I- I....thought you were d-dead..." she sobbed

I rubbed her back reassuredly. " It's ok Mama, i'm here... I'm alive."

Barely.

"Elizabeth? Is that really you?" i heard my Papa's voice croak.