Chapter 30

The next 3 of days blended together in a whirlwind of pain and boredom. Pain because Drake decided my initial punishment wasn’t enough. The past three nights Drake had taken a knife and dug it into a couple of the lashes he had given me from the whip, which reopened the healing wound in a bloody mess. My shrieks could probably be heard all though the castle, and in those terrible minutes I would pray that someone would come save me. But no one would dare question their new king. So still tied down, I could do nothing to stop Drake and his evil intentions toward me.

The boredom came after the torture ended. Drake would leave in the early morning and wouldn’t return for hours. And the bastard wouldn’t untie me! I was left tied to the damned bed, unable to do anything except sleep, think, or stare at a wall. The only times I was untied was when Drake returned and let me go to the bathroom. And would bathe me. From lying on the bed all day and the torture inflicted upon me, I was too weak to even walk to the bathroom only yards away. Drake would have to carry me in bridal style and set me in the bath tub. The water stung my back and I cried and whimpered as Drake sponged me down. But then he would carry me back to bed and tie me down again.

Not it is the fourth day and all I want to do is die.

Drake returned earlier than usual today. Lately he has been very busy, spending all day with meetings and paperwork. Before he would cut me each night he would tell me about his day and all he had done and who he had seen. The delusional man acted like we were in a normal relationship and a normal couple, even as I was held against my will.

I decided to ignore him. After lowering myself to begging I decided that he wasn’t worth my words. If he wanted to treat me this badly then I could go the rest of my life without ever acknowledging his existence.  It’s been two days since my last conversation with him, and he wasn’t taking it so well. He got so angry last when I didn’t answer him he dug the knife into my back extra deep.

I know it was childish, but it was the only thing I could do to get back at him.

So I wasn’t surprised when he walked in with a sour expression on his face.

“Good afternoon love.” He said

I refused to look at him as he strolled over to my side.

“How was your day?”

No response.

He huffed angrily.

“Ok how about this bitch. You answer me and respond to me like a normal person or I won’t feed your fucking family.” He sneered

I squeeze my eyes shut in frustration. He has to ruin everything. The only thing I had against him was not talking to him, and now he wants to take that away too?

“How about we try this again, hmm?” he demanded, “How was your day?”

I roll my eyes. “Great drake. I just love staring at a wall all day.” Sarcasm dripped from my voice.