Chapter Thirty Five

The library was Kefira's unspoken enemy, far too often did Madam Pince come out to either tell her to be quiet or to leave. It wasn't her fault though, Madam Pince was quite strict on how she ran her library, there had to be total silence. 

It was that evening that Kefira was supposed to stay with Faye so the girl could help her with the latest Transfiguration but less than twenty minutes in, Kefira was booted for being too loud. Allowing Faye to stay and finish her homework, Kefira sighed and wandered through the halls of the school. Hoping perhaps that she would run into Professor McGonagall, and get some one on one help.

Instead, Kefira found her favorite professor.

"Hey Professor Snape!" she said running down the hall.

"Do not run in the halls." she heard him say. She quickly slowed her paced dramatically so it looked like she was walking in slow motion.

The professor pinched the bridge of his nose. "What are you doing roaming the halls, Miss Walsh?"

"I need help." she said looking up at him.

Severus looked down at her as she held up her book at him. He read the Transfiguration title.

"Miss Walsh, that is a Transfiguration book, I am the Potions-"

"I know you teach potions!" Kefira interrupted him before he could finish. "But I'm sure you can help me with this too."

"Why?"

"Because....you're really smart?" she smiled at him. "Please, I need help, I didn't get to hear most of the lesson."

"And why not?"

"Because...I left the classroom during the lesson."

"Why?"

She shrugged.

He turned to leave. 

"Wait!" she ran in front of him. "Please!"

"You're not going to leave me alone otherwise, are you?"

"Wasn't planning on it."

Severus leaning against the table and watched as the child sat scratching the top of her head with her wand.

"Don't do that." he said.

"Do what?" she asked peering up at him from the book.

"Never point your wand at yourself, unless you are fully aware of the spell you about to perform. It's common sense. Something else you should probably work on, along with increasing your attention span."

Kefira frowned at him. "I can't help it." she told him. "It's not like I don't want to learn, it's just sometimes I find it hard."

"It's not hard, you simply sit down and listen."

"It's not that easy!" she argued with him. "I do try, you know."

"Well, try harder. Like now, stop moving your legs so much."

Kefira looked down to her legs that were bouncing up and down under the table.

 Little did the professor know that her moving her legs about was the only thing keeping her in her seat. She forced them to stay still and returned her gaze to him.

Throughout the time she spent in the classroom, Professor Snape did help her with her Transfiguration homework, even if he did have to remind her several times to keep still. It was obvious to Kefira that she annoyed him. They were complete opposites.

She was all kinds of fun.

And he was no fun at all.

Nonetheless, she acknowledged the fact that Professor Snape had a brilliant mind and was able to explain the lesson to her.

However, Sever didn't expect that he would be helping her with all of her homework into the late evening.

He was trying to explain a charm but Kefira turned her head away from him as he was speaking.

"Pay attention-"

"Ah Severus," he looked up to see Professor McGonagall walking through the doorway. The woman seemed puzzled by Kefira's presence in the room, but returned the smile the girl gave her.

"I wanted to inform you that one of your students was caught out of bed."

"Which one?" he asked.

"Mister Malfoy."

Kefira snorted happily, causing both professors to look at her. She quickly cleared her throat and returned to her work humming lightly to herself.

"I caught him along with Mr. Potter, Miss Granger and Mr. Longbottom."

"What?!" Kefira exclaimed. 

Neville was sneaking out at night? 

For what?

Professor McGonagall continued on. "I've sent them all to detention and removed house points."

"Very well..."

"No way.." Kefira laughed. "You've got to be joking. Neville got detention? There's no way. I don't believe it."

The two professors decided to discuss the matter in private allowing Kefira to finish her homework and then return to the dorms.

"Hello Elizabeth." she greeted the Fat Lady.

"Hello. Out late again...detention?"

"Nope, not me. But get this...Neville got detention."

Elizabeth narrowed her eyes at her. "Are you lying?"

"I swear. I heard it straight from McGonagall."

"Now what could that boy have done to get a detention? I thought he was leaving rather late into the evening, but I figured he had permission to do so."

"I don't know Elizabeth, but I can't wait to find out. I still can't believe it's true!"

But it was true, Neville Longbottom had been caught while trying to warn Harry and Hermione that Draco was out to get them in trouble. A noble deed that did not end in his favor.

Kefira couldn't believe it. She never expected to hear something along the lines of Neville getting into trouble. 

And she was so proud of him for getting his first detention.