Chapter One Hundred One

Neville couldn't bring himself to sleep after Kefira left to the girls dorm and he had left to the boys dorm. The kiss had left his entire body tingling from his lips to his toes, but a smile was on his face which wouldn't leave his face through the night. The kiss itself had caught him completely off guard and Kefira's casualness about the whole situation, just made him confused. Dean and Seamus had informed him numerous times that it was quite obvious that Kefira liked him and while Kefira did make it obvious sometimes, he was always thrown off with how nonchalant she was about everything. Such as kissing him and then heading off to bed as if she had just given him a simple high five.

Then again, it was Kefira that he was thinking about, most things that people would stress and go crazy over, never seemed to bother the girl in the slightest. She just did her own thing and carried on with her ways. He wish he could be as calm and collective as her when it came to situations like that, but as he laid there in his bed, he could feel his heart pounding in his chest. However, it wasn't a bad feeling as he felt the butterflies in his stomach. 

It felt like Kefira had cast some sort of spell over him.

Kefira went to breakfast early the next morning with Faye, sitting down at the Gryffindor Table. She peered out as she grabbed a bagel and saw Professor Snape standing near the Slytherin table. He was speaking to a few students of the house, one of them being Draco Malfoy, who had a smile on his face that made Kefira feel quite uncomfortable. Suddenly, Professor Snape seemed to have sense that she was staring and looked up in her direction.

She frowned at him, knowing that something bad was up, but there was probably nothing she could do about it. She looked away from him and focused back on her bagel.

"So you got in pretty late last night.."Faye said. "Did you wind up getting detention?" 

"Nah, I got caught by Professor Dumbledore for being out of the tower that late, but he just told me not to do it again. That's all. He's really nice."

"Well of course he is, he's Dumbledore. Anyways, Neville told us that he was going to stay up all night and wait for you to get back. It was so sweet."

"I know," Kefira grinned. "I already thanked him last night."

"And how exactly did you go about doing that?" Kefira looked over to see Dean and Seamus coming to sit with them.

"Yeah, I'm curious too." Dean said. "You should have heard Neville singing in the showers this morning."

Kefira laughed to herself but took a bite of her bagel not answering.

Faye seemed to catch on quick to Kefira's chosen silence.

"You kissed him, didn't you?!" the girl cried out.

Seamus choked on his juice while Dean stared back and forth between Kefira and Faye waiting for confirmation.

Kefira shrugged. "Yeah, so what?"

"What do you mean so what?!" Faye looked at her. "You kissed him..wait a second, did you kiss him on the cheek or on the lips!?"

"Will you keep it down, I don't need all of Hogwarts knowing because you can't control your volume." Kefira told her. "And if you all must know, I kissed him on the lips, now calm-"

Faye clapped her hands together and squealed loudly. "I knew it, I knew you liked him."

"Of course you did, I'm the one who told you that, remember?"

To avoid anymore loud squeals and gossip, Kefira grabbed her bagel and left the Great Hall. As soon as she walked out, she found Neville heading towards her direction. The two of them stopped in the corridors and exchanged smiles.

"Done with breakfast already?" he asked her.

"Yeah, and I wouldn't go in there if I were you. Faye's going mental. We can share my bagel if you'd like."

The two students sat down in the window seat sharing a half of a bagel each, when they heard talking coming down the way. They looked over to see Ron, Hermione and Harry walking towards the direction of the Great Hall together. When they saw Kefira, the three smiled in her direction and the red head smiled back at them.

"So you guys are all getting along now?" Neville asked her as the three continued on.

"I think we've come to a basic understanding of each other." Kefira told him. "Bu-"

She stopped as she felt something in her lap. She looked down to see Trevor.

"Hey there, Trevor!" the two greeted the toad. "It feels like it's been ages since I've seen you last."

Trevor let out a croak before eyeing her part of the bagel.

"Uh Trevor..no begging.." Neville told him.

"Can toads eat bagels?" Kefira wondered out loud. "Let's find out!"

"Now Kefi, just wait a second, I don't know how to treat Toad belly aches. He might get sick."

"Or he might croak." Kefira said looking at him with a serious expression.

"I should have seen that one coming."

"Yeah, you toadally should have. But it just leaped over your head, didn't it?"

Neville couldn't help but giggle. "These jokes are terrible." he admitted even if they did make him laugh.

"You think this is bad, remember, you're spending the summer with my father too...and he is the master of lame jokes."

Suddenly, Neville's face paled. 

He was spending the summer with Kefira's family again, but things weren't the same as they were the last time.  How was Kefira's father going to react to the fact that they had shared a kiss?