Chapter Seventy Three

Kefira entered the girl's dorm one afternoon to find Lavender Brown being comforted by Parvati and Faye. Lavender was crying while the other girls gently patted her back and talked to her in soothing voices.

Kefira attempted to back down the stairs quietly but it was too late as Faye caught her.

"Oh Kefira!"

"Uh...hey." she said with an awkward wave. "What's going on here?"

"Lavender's upset." Faye answered her.

"I can see that." Kefira said. "Why?"

"Because Michael Saunders told me I was...I was ugly." Lavender sniffed.

"Who the hell is Michael Saunders and why in the hell do you care what he thinks?" Kefira asked.

"Michael is in Ravenclaw." Faye told her. 

"And?"

'And he's quite dreamy." Parvati said.

"Doesn't sound like it. Dreamy guys wouldn't tell a girl she was ugly. He sounds like a real-"

"It doesn't matter. He's right." Lavender said.

Kefira rolled her eyes before walking over and standing in front of Lavender. "Listen, Lav, you're not ugly. Michael is ugly and before any of you correct me, I don't care how handsome he is, because while he may not be ugly on the outside, he's incredibly ugly and vain on the inside. You don't need someone like that, Lavender. You shouldn't let anyone say such things to you no matter how handsome or pretty they are. If someone had told me that, I would have punched them in the face."

"Of course you would, Kefi." Faye laughed. "That's your solution to everything."

"Well it works, hasn't failed me yet." Kefira smiled.

"That's easy for you to say." Lavender sniffed. "You're pretty. That's why all the boys hang around you."

Kefira raised a brow. "I hang out with three guys. Neville, Seamus and Dean."

"Yes but you don't see the way they look at you, even the professors look at you differently." Lavender said while Parvati nodded her head in agreement.

"It's true. They do."

Kefira looked to Faye who shrugged but didn't argue the statement.

"No one looks at me different, unless I'm having a bad hair day, but even then I would look at myself differently. I mean my hair-"

Lavender turned away from her as the girls continued to comfort her. Kefira figured she wasn't going to get anywhere and didn't see the point in sticking around. She headed downstairs and passed Hermione on the stairs.

"I'll warn you, it's not pretty up there right now." Kefira warned her.

Hermione looked confused until she heard a sobbing noise. Her eyes widened before she followed Kefira back down the stairs.

"Thanks."

"I thought you were going to go take a nap." Neville asked her as Kefira walked into the Great Hall.

"I don't think that's happening anytime soon." Kefira said sitting across from him.

"Why not?"

"Because some boy called Lavender ugly."

"I don't see how that effects you." Neville said.

"Well, if you heard Lavender's crying you would understand."

"Who called her ugly?"

"Same Ravenclaw named Michael...Michael something, I don't know."

"Michael Saunders." Neville said causing Kefira to look at him.

"How did you know?"

"Because all the girls talk about him around here."

"He sounds like a git. If I knew what he looked like I'd show him the meaning of the word ugly-"

"Kefi!" Neville chuckled as he reached out and grabbed her hand. "Just sit down...stay with me. Don't go looking for trouble."

"He's the one looking for trouble." Kefira grumbled settling back down. "All I wanted to do was take a nap, and next thing I know Lavender and them are turning against me."

"Why?"

"I don't know. She said that all the boys were hanging out with me."

Neville furrowed his brow. "But you only hang out with Seamus, Dean and myself."

"That's what I said!" Kefira said throwing her hands up. "Thank you. But then she said that even the professors were looking at me...that's gross!"

Neville only smiled, not willing to admit that he had noticed how some of the professors seemed to watch Kefira closely even if she wasn't doing anything to cause trouble in class. The idea seemed to irritate her so he decided to keep it to himself.

"Well, maybe they do look at you differently bu-"

"But why?" Kefira asked. "It's because of my hair isn't it...I guess it would be considered rather distracting...I found myself distracted with a curl earlier..."

"No that's not it." Neville said moving about in his seat.

"...I was just pulling on it and watching it spring, it was quite entertaining. But I've going here for three years now almost, I would think they would be used to it by now. I'm not that distracting. I-"

"It's because you're pretty!" Neville blurted out.

Thank you again @XxAsTaRsObRiGhTxX for creating yet another beautiful piece!