Chapter One Hundred Four

"This is one of my favorites." Kefira said sitting back into the sofa with a bowl of popcorn in her lap, and Neville sitting beside her.

"Which one is this one?"

"The  Brave Little Toaster. It's one of the best movies ever. I think you're really going to like it." she said. "Have you been liking the others so far?" she asked him.

"I did enjoy Mary Poppins a lot." Neville admitted. "Although do all these movies have all this singing?"

She laughed. "A lot of them do, it's definitely part of the Disney magic to have the music. But that's because you're supposed to sing along."

"You are?"

"Duh. Why else would they have included music and songs if you weren't supposed to sing along?"

Suddenly, Neville chuckled.

"What?" she grinned.

"It rhymed." he said.

"Oh so it did!" she giggled. "Good catch, Nevs."

"So what's the Brave Little Toaster about?"

"Well, I think the title is pretty self-explanatory, but you'll like it I promise. Popcorn?" she offered.

"No thank you."

She leaned forward and placed it on the coffee table before reaching back and grabbing the quilt laying over the back end of the sofa.

Neville glanced over at her as Kefira settled into the blanket with a smile, her eyes focused on the screen of the television. She looked over and caught him staring.

"Oops! I'm sorry, that was rude of me!" She said before placing half of the blanket over him.

Cardel stood in the doorway that separated the living room from the kitchen before shaking his head with a silent chuckle. He closed the door over to the living room to drown out the noise from the kitchen that his wife was making as she reorganizing the silverware to her liking.

"Why are you shaking your head?" she asked him looking over.

"I was just poking my head in to check on the two-"

"Again?"

"Yes, again. I'm allowed to look."

"Cardel, the boy isn't going to do anything. Have you seen how quiet and polite he is?"

"I know...I'm not worried about him making the first move anymore." Cardel said.

"What are you talking about?" Alana looked at him.

"Apparently, Kefira is the smooth operator between them."

"What?" Alana laughed. "What do you mean?"

"She's the one who's going to the moves on, I just saw her. Sharing blankets and all.."

"Oh for the love of God, Cardel, really? Sharing a blanket? That's making a move to you!"

"It is! You don't understand! She's good!"

"You're paranoid!"

"I'm right!"

"You're ridiculous!"

"You two are loud!"

The parents turned to see Kefira standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a stern expression on her face.

"The Brave Little Toaster is on and we can hardly hear it over you two." Kefira told them.

"Sorry."

"Sorry sweetheart."

Kefira shook her head at the two before leaving and closing the door over.

"We just apologized to our loudest child for being loud." Alana said sitting at the table and holding her head as if she had just experienced a mid-life crisis.

Cardel laughed but quickly covered his mouth and looked to the doorway expecting Kefira to return.

Neville watched the adventures of the Brave Little Toaster who traveled the lands with his companions of a lamp, a vacuum , a blanket and a fast talking radio. It was an interesting movie although he didn't really understand it fully. He didn't understand while the household appliances wanted to return to the owner that left them. But he did appreciate the bravery of all the characters and all the troubles they went through in order to succeed with their mission. He could see why it was one of Kefira's favorite.

He look down at her resting on his shoulder only to see that she had fallen asleep at some point. He hadn't even notice at what part she had fallen asleep. Unlike Kefira's usual bouncy and hyper self, she was still, and didn't talk through the movies. No matter how many times she claimed to have seen the movies, she was quiet, while her eyes were focused. Unless there was a singing number, then she would sing along happily.

There wasn't much singing in the Brave Little Toaster leaving them in silence for the most part. He had been afraid to say something after Kefira scolded her parents to keep quiet in the kitchen. He couldn't help but smile to himself, glad that his grandmother had allowed him to spend the summer among the Walsh family because he always enjoyed his time around them. He was also excited to see how the trip to South Africa was going to go.

Knowing Kefira and her family it was going to be an experience he would never forget.