Chapter One Hundred Thirty Four

Hogwarts was becoming more and more chaotic as the other schools were set to arrive and while Kefira wasn't a person to become easily irritated, it seemed more often than not that year, that she found herself wanting to punch way too many people. The only three people that were safe so far from her wrath turned out to be Neville, Ginny and Trevor. She was hoping that the stupid Tournament would take place already because she was growing tired of everyone making such a big fuss about it. Upon entering the Entrance Hall one afternoon, Kefira and Neville found the place overwhelmingly crowded with students all over.

"What's going on?" She questioned looking around for an answer. Seamus and Dean appeared, pushing through the crowds of students before meeting up with them.

"Did you see the sign?" Seamus asked them.

"Obviously not, since we're all the way back here." Kefira pointed out. "And seeing as I can't see anything over the majority of people here...including the first years."

Neville stood on the tips of the toes, using his height to his advantage.

"The sign says "Triwizard Tournament. The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at six o'clock on Friday, the 30th of October.Lessons will end a half hour early-"

"Sold!" Kefira cheered happily. 

"What? I thought Potions was your favorite class, Kefi?" Seamus teased her. "Don't you want to spend that last remaining thirty minutes with your favorite professor?"

"Do you want to spend thirty minutes being held underwater in the Black lake?"

Seamus turned to Neville while Dean offered a low high five to Kefira while Seamus's back was turned.

"Neville, I don't think they allow pet lions in the castle if they're aggressive, you might have to take Kefira home and leave her there. She might end up attacking a student."

"I think the only one she's going to attack is you," Neville pointed out. "And if she goes about it the right way, you'll be the only witness and she'll get away with it."

Kefira and Dean both laughed while Seamus stared at him in horror.

"Nice one, Nevs." Kefira grinned as she nudged him with her shoulder. Neville smiled as well, quite proud of himself in that moment before he followed the group into the Great Hall. 

During the remaining days, the Professors seemed to be a bit more on edge, not only with their workload but with their expectations as well. Normally, cheerful or the more understanding professors were definitely putting the pressure on their students, wanting them to look as strong and skilled as possible before the other schools. 

Even Professor McGonagall, while normally strict, she was understanding to a student's needs, and offered help when a student needed it. But she seemed frazzled as well as the time drew near. With a simple switching spell lesson that involved each student with a cactus.  However, the added pressure placed on all the students, including Neville didn't help the situation. Kefira had glanced up from her own work to see that Neville's cactus managed to sprout a set of ears rather than going through the full switch.

McGonagall didn't say anything right away, but the disappointment on the woman's face said it all to the boy. Neville became completely embarrassed and kept his head low for the remainder of the class.

"It's alright, Nevs, I think it looks rather cute with ears." She said picking the cactus up and examining it. 

"Cute, isn't going to help me pass the class." Neville muttered to her.

"You just need to relax, it's not a big deal. Everyone is all worked up for nothing right now. Don't let them get you down."

He gave her a look but eventually a smile worked on his face. As the lesson was over, the two gathered up their things to leave, but Professor McGonagall finally said something to them just as they were walking out of the classroom.

"Longbottom, kindly do not reveal that you can't even perform a simple Switching Spell in front of anyone from Durmstrang!" The woman said in a sharp tone.

Neville only gave a small nod, before scurrying out of the classroom and into the corridors. 

But Kefira was not about to let that slide by her, it was bad enough that Professor Snape took his anger and stress out on the students, especially Neville. She admired and respected McGonagall, but she saw no need to make Neville feel worse about himself.

"That was uncalled for, Professor." Kefira said, keeping a steady gaze with the woman. "At least Neville is trying, rather than everyone focusing on what he does wrong, it wouldn't kill for people to point out what he does right. Positive reinforcement, look it up."

Not allowing McGonagall to get in a word, Kefira turned on her heel and left out of the room to go find Neville.

Neville sat quietly, internally scolding himself for getting such a simple spell wrong, especially with the castle's guests arriving shortly. He certainly didn't want to embarrass his school, but he was sure he was going to end up doing it somehow.

"Hey Neville, what did the bus conductor say to the toad?"

He looked up as soon as he heard Kefira's voice and stared at her in confusion, due to her random timing to make a joke.

"Wha-"

"Hop on!" The girl turned out to show Trevor perched on her back with an unamused look.

Seeing the sight and happy to see Trevor in that moment, the boy couldn't help but let out a giggle.

"Where did you find him?" Since allowing Trevor to spend most of his days by the Black Lake, Neville hardly saw the toad anymore, making it an even happier moment.

"Oh I didn't find him, he found me." Kefira told him. "I think he was coming to see you, I found him hopping along in the corridor, scooped him up before he was stepped on."

She walked over and placed the toad in the boy's lap.

Neville looked up at her with a small smile as she gently patted Trevor's head.

"Trevor the Therapy Toad always knows when he's needed, Neville."