Chapter Seventy One

Kefira always enjoyed writing letters home to her family, because if her letters were to ever get lost in the mail, she always assumed whoever read them if they were not a witch or a wizard would be terribly confused. She was planning on writing a letter after Transfiguration class that day, as they were learning to turn hedgehogs into pincushions. 

The class seemed to be having a great deal of trouble with it, with the exception on Hermione of course. Whether they couldn't get the incantation right, or the wand movement, McGonagall while patient and fair, seemed to be at her wits end with the class failing numerous times. However, unlike her classmates who had problems with the actual magic itself, Kefira's problem was more about focusing on the task at hand.

She had become completely distracted by the cute little hedgehog that was on her table glancing up at her.

She named him Hedgie within the first two minutes.

"You're not supposed to name them, Kefi. You're supposed to turn it into a pin cushion." Seamus whispered over at her.

"Uh huh, so you say but I don't see a pin cushion in front of you. In fact, your hedgehog looks rather nervous. Please don't blow it up or set it on fire!"

Seamus' hedgehog looked up at the boy with wide eyes making Kefira and Neville laugh from their table.

Finally, to avoid developing a further headache, McGonagall dismissed the class.

"See you later, Hedgie." Kefira said before returning the hedgehog to McGonagall but the Professor stopped her before she could leave with her friends. 

"I'd like to have a word with you, Miss Walsh."

In Kefira's mind, she had done something wrong and now she was in for a lecture. But she couldn't remember doing anything bad, even though that didn't mean it didn't happen.

"Yes, Professor?"

"Have a seat."

Taking a seat meant a longer lecture, which made Kefira frown.

"Am I in trouble, Professor McGonagall?" Kefira asked as she sat down. "Because I don't remember doing anything."

"That's exactly it, Miss Walsh. You haven't done anything. All class period you played with your hedgehog rather than perform the work you were assigned to do."

"Well Professor, Hedgie and I only just met." Kefira told her.

"I beg your pardon."

"It was our first meeting. How would you like it, if you only just met someone and they turned you into a pincushion?"

McGonagall blinked several times but she had no valid argument.

"Can I go now?" Kefira asked.

"Please do." Professor McGonagall said holding her head.

Kefira jumped up from the chair and left the room quickly.

'Do not run!" The professor called after her.

"I wasn't!" Kefira yelled back in the hall.

Kefira couldn't find her friends once she had left the classroom, she went to the Gryffindor Tower, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Where did you guys go?" she muttered to herself after leaving the Great Hall with no answer. She sat down on the marble staircase in front of the large oak doors.

Her chin rested in the palm of her hand as she looked up and down the corridor to see if she caught a glimpse of any of her friends.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of an echoing croak.

"I know that croak from anywhere..." she peered down the way to see a small little blob making it's way towards her. Finally, Trevor reached her and sat before her.

"Hello friend." she smiled. "Have you seen the other friends?"

Trevor responded by remaining quiet, answering her question.

"Well, I don't know where everyone disappeared to and now I'm bored. What are you up to?"

Trevor made a small ribbiting noise.

"Same.' she sighed. "I guess you and I could go exploring until we find the others." she said offering her hand to the toad. Trevor leaped right into her palm before she stood up.

With the staircases on their moving schedule, Kefira had to plan her movement or risk getting stuck on some floor where she didn't want to be.

As she contemplated her next move, she heard a chuckle.

She turned her head and caught sight of the portrait of Godric Gryffindor who seemed to be watching her in amusement.

She walked over to the portrait and stared up at him.

"How are you today?" she asked him.

"I've been better, young one." Godric said.

"What's wrong?"

"I've been framed, you see."

Kefira laughed as she placed Trevor on her shoulder and sat down before the portrait.

Thank you so much @clarawriting , it came out awesome! Love the quote and the big green eyes!

And thank you@XxAsTaRsObRiGhTxX

And thank you@XxAsTaRsObRiGhTxX. Kefira and Neville look precious together and I love how Faye was included.

I can't believe the amount of talent all you readers have. I can't draw for my life so I love seeing how all of you interpret the characters in your art work.