Chapter Sixty Nine

Things were going quite smoothly for Kefira, despite the Defense Against the Dark Arts class with the boggart, she seemed to be picking up well in all her classes. With the help of Lavender and Parvati, she was able to receive some help on Divination work, because she really didn't understand a lot of it. Nor did she care much for learning about the topic. 

Since the incident where Kefira had flung herself at Professor Snape and sobbed into his robes, the Professor took it upon himself to ignore her quite a bit. He didn't call her out in class if she was moving around too much, and he didn't even get her into trouble when he found her doing something she shouldn't in the hall. He wouldn't even bring himself to look in her direction most days. In many respects, it worked out for Kefira. Instead of spending time in detention as she normally did, she was able to hang out with her friends. 

In such a short time, she became good friends with Ginny Weasley which led to the girl becoming part of the group.

However, one morning, Ginny would not be able to accompany the group as it was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year.

Kefira was excited as the students gathered outside to give Professor McGonagall their permission slips that were sent over the summer. Walking alongside of Neville with her hands tucked in her pockets for warmth.

"Okay I regret not dressing warmer now." Kefira shivered.

"Told you." Dean said. "What was the first thing I said before we left?"

Kefira rolled her eyes before pushing Dean away from her. "Alright, alright, you were right, and I was wrong. But I didn't think it was going to be this cold, I mean, the sun is out! What kind of sorcery is this?" she said rubbing her hands together.

"It's not that bad. " Seamus said. "Quit your whining."

"I will do what I want, Finnigan." Kefira told him.

"I don't know how you're cold, I'm actually really warm right now." Neville said pulling at his jumper.

"Well, I have an idea." Seamus grinned. Kefira glared at him, unsure of what he was going to say, but knowing he was probably going to say something stupid.

"What is it, Seamus?" Neville asked oblivious to the stare down Kefira and Seamus were having at that moment.

"Since Kefira is so cold and you're so warm, why don't you give Kefi your jumper Neville?"

"That's not necessary, shu-" Kefira began to tell Seamus to shut up when Neville agreed to it.

"Here you go, Kefi. It's going to run big on you though, but it should keep you warm."

"Oh well...I don't know Neville, what if you get cold..." Kefira said shuffling awkwardly as Neville handed her the article of clothing.

"I doubt I will." he smiled at her. "Here, take it."

Kefira smiled at him, but then cast a deadly look towards Seamus who was all smiles. Neville walked over with Dean while Kefira threatened to punch Seamus if he didn't get away from her.

"Oh come on, Kefi, it was written in your leaves..." Seamus told her.

"I swear Seamus, I'm going to get you back."

"Sure, sure."

Each one of them picked a shop they wanted to head into. Of course, Kefira wanted to drool over the candy in Honeydukes.

"Look at all these candies...if I died right here right now, I would die happy." Kefira said. "Surrounded by candy."

"And good friends." Dean added.

"And candy." she said.

Once Kefira had enough candy to last the average person several months, Seamus was able to choose the next destination and of course, he chose the quidditch shop. While he and Dean walked in, Kefira and Neville sat outside the shop munching on some jellybeans.

"I should warn you about these Kefi...they really are every flavor." Neville said.

Kefira looked to the jellybeans in the palm of her hand.

"So like fruit and vegetables?"

Neville laughed. "No, like bogey and earwax."

"Ugh!" Kefira nearly dropped them from her hand. "That's sick....now I want to try them more than anything." 

"I-I-I'll try them with you if you like?"

"Okay!" Kefira turned to face him. "What's this one?"

"Probably rotten egg."

"And this one?"

"Dirt, I think. Oh that one...that one right there is vomit."

Kefira picked up the odd colored jellybean and threw it far from them. "I have no desire to taste vomit."

They each tried one and immediately Neville spat his out.

"What did you get?" Kefira laughed.

"I think it was belly button lint..."

"Ewwwww!" Kefira squealed. "Mine was sausage. It's very odd to eat sausage in candy form."

Neville smiled as they each enjoyed a banana flavored jellybean.

"You know, now I'm curious about something."

"What's that?" Neville said looking at her.

"Who tasted all the items in order to figure out the flavor to add to the jellybean? Who was the taste tester?"

"Actually, these were made by accident." Neville told her. "Bertie Bott himself was making a batch of candy when some dirty socks fell into the batch."

"What?! What were dirty socks doing near a batch of candy?"

Neville thought for a moment. "That I don't know."

Thank you so much for the fan art @gallafrey_falls 

It's lovely!