Chapter One Hundred Twelve

Neville hoped that they wouldn't get in trouble for being on the roof, and Kefira seemed pretty confident that they weren't going to get caught, however, the two never factored the idea of falling asleep on said roof. Neville didn't even remember falling asleep, but awoke to the noise of a bird squawking in the distance. It sounded like it was in the room and for some reason it was so incredibly bright to him. He opened his eyes, only to realize that he was still outside. In a panic, he sat up to see that Kefira was no longer at his side.

Up on his feet in less than a second, the boy began searching around for her, only to jump at the sound of her voice behind him.

"Morning sunshine." she greeted him.

"Kefi...we..we fell asleep on the roof."

"I know. And surprisingly, it was quite comfortable, wasn't it?" she gave her body a stretch. 'Best night of sleep I've had. That's saying something since we sleep in a magic castle for months on end."

"Your parents.."

"Eh don't worry about it." Kefira waved him off. "I already got yelled at for the both of us. I took the blame though-"

"What?"

"Well, I woke up earlier than you did. I got hungry..so I went inside the hotel. Best breakfast selection in the history of breakfast selections. Hogwarts needs to step up it's game."

"You left me up here?!"

"Well, yeah...you were sleeping and you looked so cozy. I wouldn't want someone to wake me up if I looked that comfortable."

Neville just stared blankly at her for a moment  before placing his hands on his hips and looking around.

"And your parents know we're up here right now?"

"Yup." she replied calmly.

"And that..that doesn't bother them in the slightest?"

"No, they know where we are and I mean, what could they really be mad about at this point, we already spent the whole night up here. It's not like we're doing anything dangerous either."

"But they wanted us to have supervision with your sisters."

"Yes, but all three of them are afraid of heights so....can't do much there." Kefira grinned.

"You had this all planned out, didn't you? You came up with this and...and.."

"Well, of course I did, Neville. But we had a pretty cool time checking out sky freckles, didn't we?"

Neville couldn't help the ever growing smile on his face as Kefira gave him a look of pure innocence.

"Yes,' he admitted. "I greatly enjoyed looking at sky freckles with you."

"See? Now, let's jump off the roof and see who lands first!"

"What?"

"Joking. But come on, I'm sure you want some breakfast, right?"

Neville didn't have to answer as his stomach growled loudly answering Kefira's question for him.

"Wow." Kefira said after a moment of silence passed between them. "That..that was something Neville."

"I guess I'm hungry then." 

"I guess you are!'

The little dining area for hotel was empty with the exception of the Walsh family as Kefira and Neville arrived to join them for breakfast.

"Oh Neville..." Alana said standing up.

"What?" Neville grew nervous taking a step back from the mother.

Alana stopped and smiled at the boy, softening the expression on her face in hopes that he would relax.

"I was going to say that your face got all sunburned from being outside on the roof." she rounded on her daughter. "Kefi!"

Kefira's eyes widened. "Wait, how is this my fault? I'm not the sun!"

"You should have woken him up when you got up! It would have probably saved him from getting burned."

"But..he looked really peaceful and I.." Her shoulders drooped. "Sorry."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." Alana said folding her arms over her chest with a stern expression.

Kefira turned to Neville. "Sorry you got burned because I have no power over the sun and-"

"Kefira!"

Neville grinned at her causing her to smile.

"Alright, I'm sorry, Neville. I should have woken you up sooner so you didn't get your face all sunburned. I forget that you're fair skinned."

"You don't have to apologize to me, Kefira. I don't really feel it."

"Really?" she went to playfully poke him on the cheek but he quickly dodged it.

"Kefira!" The Walsh family scolded him.

She made a face. "I was only messing around, Neville, knows that."

"It's okay." Neville reassured everyone. "I..I needed a little color anyways."

"Well, you don't want to be in pain. I think I packed some Aloe Vera in my carry on. Just in case."

"Just in case?" Kefira questioned.

"Not everyone tans like you Kefira, and regardless I want you to put some sunscreen on you. You too, Cardel."

"But-" The father and daughter went to protest but Alana silence them with a stern look.

"You heard your mother, Kefira...go put on some sunscreen before we go out for the day."

"Hey, if I'm going down, you're going down with me!" Kefira told him.

The two had a stare off before Cardel chuckled, automatically losing. 

"Alright, come on before your mother ends up throwing a fit."

"Ends up? I thought she was in the middle of.." Kefira and Cardel heard the tapping of Alana's foot on the floor.

"I'm out of here!" Kefira ran off.

"Right behind you!"