Chapter One Hundred Forty Three

While Neville felt silly for stealing dirty looks in the direction of the furry robe that had come into Kefira's possession, it did make him feel better as he couldn't voice his frustration out loud. He wouldn't dare to think of asking Kefira to get rid of the robe, especially since it seemed to make her so happy. But he was thankful that she agreed to take a nap with him on the sofa in the common room. However, he didn't find sleep coming easy to him despite being really tired. Kefira was sound asleep within a matter of minutes after cuddling into his side.

It was bad enough that Seamus' teasing was getting to him, but now his mind was wondering if Kefira still felt the same as she did early in the summer. He thought back to the time where they were sitting in the airport, and she had questioned if he liked her as more than a friend. Of course, he had been honest claiming he did, and while he waited for her to explain that she didn't see him in that light, he was wrong. It seemed the two of them shared mutual feelings for each other, but he wondered if hers had changed since arriving back to the castle.

He certainly wouldn't blame her for finding Viktor Krum attractive, as almost every single girl and a great deal of the boys seemed to fawn over him constantly. He glanced down at Kefira as he felt her hand clutch to the front of his jumper. She seemed to be in the middle of a dream as her face scrunched up a bit, and she suddenly bared her teeth. He laughed quietly to himself believing that she had taken the form of a lioness in her dream and was currently in the middle of the hunt.

Neville remained still during her nap, knowing never to interrupt a lioness's hunt.

As Neville left the greenhouses after staying later with Professor Sprout one afternoon,  Kefira came running over to him, slightly out of breath but with a wide grin on her face. The cold wind had caused all her curls to move around , giving her the actual appearance of a wild mane. They still hadn't come up with an appropriate hair serum, but Neville had Professor Sprout help him as she pointed out several plants with properties that would be able to help them.

"Nevs, come quick, you have to see this!" Kefira said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the castle.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked in concern as he nearly tripped over his own feet trying to keep up with her.

"Nothing is wrong, but you have to see it for yourself, it's just too good to pass up." She let out a laugh as the two of them ran towards the courtyard.

Neville was confused as they approached the scene and heard nothing but yelps and angry cursing.

"What...what's going on? Did you do something?" He questioned looking over at her.

"No, this wasn't me! I wish I had thought of something like that though. It was ...genius!" Kefira shook her head. "But look at the Potter Stinks pins."

Neville observed several Hogwarts students that dawned the pins, all from different houses, and all of them holding their chests, as their faces twisted in pain.

"I'm really lost, what-"

"It's the pins, Nevs, they're delivering nip twists to whoever is wearing them! Isn't that great?!" She held her stomach as she continued laughing. 

As much as he wanted to laugh, Neville couldn't help but cringe first at the idea of having his nipples twisted roughly by a pin. His hands instinctively touched his chest and remained there for a good few seconds.

"This is one of the greatest days of my life." Kefira said to him. "I wish I had one of these pins back when I was younger to give it to all the stupid kids that wouldn't let me play with them. That would have been much better than a punch to the face."

Kefira along with plenty of Gryffindors and other students in the school, suspected those behind the pins had to be the Weasley twins. Especially since it seemed to be up their alley and they supported Harry being in the tournament, unlike their younger brother Ron, who seemed to have taken a hiatus from his friendship with Harry since the announcement of the champions. 

When the girl approached them, asking how they came up with such an idea, the twins told her that they couldn't take credit for the pins, confusing her greatly.

"Well who..." Her eyes fell on Fred as the boy had a wider smile on his face, one holding immense pride.

Kefira gasped and looked at the two with a goofy face. "It was the Hufflepuff!"

"She also responds to Ellie." George informed her.

"Wow," the girl giggled, "I would have expected something like that coming from a Hufflepuff. Aren't they supposed to be kind, tolerant...and all the sweet stuff?"

"Oh they are," Fred said, " it's just best not to get on their badger side."

She leaned against the back of the chair where Fred was sitting and gave him a look.

"So, you finally stopped staring at her and finally decided to talk to her..and look at what you learned."

The boys shooed her off with smiles, making Kefira decide to leave the Gryffindor Common Room. But before she left on another adventure, she turned around and greeted Elizabeth.

"I feel like we haven't had a good talk in awhile."

"Well, I understand that you have a very big schedule, Kefira. Besides this is turning out to be quite an exciting year for you and all the other students."

"Tell me about it." Kefira said sitting down on the top step. "This year is certainly going to  top all the others when it comes to drama though."

"You think so? After all you've been through over the last couple of years?" Elizabeth asked her.

Kefira nodded. "It's just a gut feeling. Something is just off...I don't know. Maybe it's hormones, my mum warned me about that before I left."

"Never write off a gut feeling, Kefira." Elizabeth informed her. "It can save you one day."