Chapter One Hundred Twenty Four

"If we don't find out what the exciting news is at the Start-of-Term feast, I'm punching someone in the neck." Kefira huffed as she folded her arms as they stepped off the train heading towards the carriages.

Neville, Seamus, and Dean covered their necks with nervous smiles as she shook her head. "I hate secrets."

"I hope for our sake they tell us." Dean whispered to Seamus. "Remember when she socked Malfoy? I don't want to want to be on the other end of that."

"Hey!" Kefira came to a stop and suddenly, the boys flinched taking several steps back. "There's Ginny! I was wondering where she was. Ginny!"

As she ran off, the boys sighed in relief dropping their hands. Seamus tapped Neville in the stomach.

"You shouldn't be flinching, after all, she's your girlfriend." He grinned as Neville turned bright red.

"N-no..." Neville shook his head. He wasn't denying Kefira as his girlfriend for the sake of denying it. He just wasn't sure what he and Kefira were considered during that moment of time. They had shared a couple of kisses, nothing intense, but they hadn't really discussed it past the idea of both of them sharing feelings beyond friendship towards one another. Back when Seamus was interrogating the two , it was a rare sight to see Kefira blush.

"Hey, leave him alone, Seamus. You flinched too, and you're the one who walks around like such a big shot all the time." Dean said. 

Seamus gave Dean a look. " That's because I've been on the other end of one of her punches, I know better. As if Kefi would ever hit Neville..."

"She's gotten me before by accident." Neville said. "Her arms tend to go everywhere when she's excited about something. We all thought she broke her sister Rosemary's nose during one night when we were still in South Africa. They had chocolate cake on one of the menus at the place we were eating. She got really excited and Rosemary ended up with a bloody nose."

'Well, let's just hope they tell us what's going on during the feast." Dean swallowed. "I don't think any of us want to end up with bloody noses."

"But what if the news is exciting?" Seamus' eyes widened. "We aren't safe! We're screwed either way!"

"Neville is the one who is going to be sitting next to her, though." Dean said before placing his hand on Neville's shoulder. "You'll be missed, mate."

Neville's eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

Arriving to the Great Hall, Kefira was sitting between Ginny and Neville as they waited for the Sorting Ceremony to begin.

"Where were you, I didn't see you on the train?" Kefira asked Ginny.

"I was hanging out with my friend Luna. You have to meet her, Kefi. You'd really like her, she's really nice and she's pretty...I don't know the word...out there?"

"Sounds like a person I'd get along with...I think I know her...or of her. Ravenclaw, right?"

"Yeah." She pointed in the direction of the dirty blonde sitting at the Ravenclaw table.

"Right, I know her! I told I liked her earrings once. Have you seen them?"

"Well, they're the only earrings she wears." Ginny chuckled. "So yes. We all have to hang out."

"Of course, of course." Kefira nodded. "Do you know anything about what they're going to be announcing here?"

"No," Ginny shook her head. "The adults seem to know but no one is mentioning anything. It's really annoying."

"I know, that's what I said." Kefira huffed. "If someone doesn't start explaining-"

Dumbledore stood before the students and began his usual yearly feast, but he started off with a upfront announcement that quidditch was canceled for the year. Which caused plenty of protest from all over the Great Hall. Until Dumbledore demanded silence in a stern tone. As everyone fell silent he announced that a special event was going to take place that year instead. But before he could continue he was interrupted by the sudden appearance of an odd looking man entering the Great Hall.

"Oh for the love of Godric,"  Kefira sighed dropping her head down to the table." We're never going to find out at this rate."

"Just be patient, Kefi." Neville said rubbing her back lightly. "I'm sure he'll announce it soon."

Dumbledore took the man's arrival as an opportunity to introduce the students to their new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. 

"I swear, we change Defense Against the Dark Arts professors as frequent as Seamus' changes his pants." Kefira chuckled.

The boy looked in her direction as she winked at him. 

Professor Alastor Moody would be their new professor for the year, an odd but fascinating looking man. His face appeared to be that carved from wood, with long scars covering him all over, not to mention the electric blue eye compared to his dark one.

"I think I just found a new best friend." Kefira announced. "How cool looking is he?"

"I think he looks rather scary." Neville said with a swallow.

Dumbledore proceeded with the announcement of the Triwizard Tournament, which already captured Kefira's attention with just the name. It was explained that two other schools, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be joining them at the end of October to join in the tournament. A student would be chosen from each school to compete for the chance of eternal glory and a cash prize of one thousand galleons.

"I would buy so much candy with that prize money." Kefira admitted.

Neville chuckled but before he could respond, Dumbledore added that the Ministry was not allowing students under the age of seventeen to compete.

"AWWW!" Kefira groaned along with other students. "No fair."

"Don't worry, Kefi." Neville took one of her hands in his, without hesitation. "I'm sure you'll find just as much excitement watching than being in it."

Kefira went to make a smart remark but she couldn't bring herself to speak as her mouth suddenly became dry with her hand tingling in Neville's hold. After a few seconds, trying to gather herself she cleared her throat.

"Y-yeah, y-you're right, Nevs."