Chapter One Hundred Ten

The hotel that the Walsh family stayed at along with Neville was nothing fancy or crazy, but that's what Neville liked most about it when they arrived. It seemed small and humble and the staff seemed incredibly friendly. After leaving the airport, the family had stopped to grab a quick bite to eat as Kefira complained about being hungry. They received some ignorant looks from less than a handful of people, but were greeted by so many others with kindness.

As he sat beside Kefira at the small diner like place, several people approached the table making him slightly nervous until they complimented Kefira on her hair.

"This happens every time we go out somewhere." Rosemary leaned into Neville and explained. "People can't resist touching or commenting on Kefira's hair."

"Why?" Neville asked. "I mean, I think it's pretty too but-"

"Well, it's not very common to see someone with Kefira's complexion with that color hair...naturally, but it's a pretty combination nonetheless."

Neville had to agree, it had been one of the first things he had noticed about Kefira when he met her and one of his favorite things about her. The way her curls bounced when she was excited since she was normally jumping about and the way that she always allowed it to be free, never really caring if it was all over the place or not.

As they sat in the hotel room, Kefira mumbled something about people grabbing a curl just to witness it spring back.

The way that the rooms were set up, allowed the family to pass through each other rooms as they were connected by a door.

The children listened to the room set up, and Neville was surprised that he and Kefira had a room together, of course with separate beds but he could hear his Gran's voice internally yelling in his ear about the whole scenario. Regardless, he was going to be placed around all girls unless he shared a room with only Cardel and he didn't want to be around Kefira's sisters alone.

They seemed to know that there was something between he and Kefira, he could tell by their smiles that never left their faces as they looked at him. Kefira didn't seem to pay any mind to her sisters as she was nearly bouncing off the walls inside the hotel, full of excitement.

"Kefi, please stay still for just a moment!" Alana called to her daughter. Kefira, who had been jumping on the bed, paused for a moment at her mother's request, becoming completely still. However, after said moment, she went back to jumping around.

"Kefi.." Alana sighed.

"In her defense, you did say for a moment." Cardel whispered to his wife with a grin.

Alana gave him a look before nodding her head in the direction of their youngest daughter.

"Alright, alright."

Cardel walked over to Kefira and caught her mid jump before placing her on the floor. 

"Let's calm down a bit, alright, dear? Your mother is tired and you know how she gets when she's tired."

"Cranky."

"Exactly." Cardel grinned.

"Dad, when are we going to go see all the animals?"

"I'm afraid not today, Kefi. It was a long flight. We should use the first couple of days to just relax a bit. "

"Alright." Kefira sighed with a slight pout. "Can we at least go around and explore outside a bit?"

"If you take Rosemary with you."

"But..." Kefira looked over to where Rosemary smiled at her with a small wave. "Not Rosemary, she enforces the rules too much!"

"Hey!"

"Well, take Lottie or Nellie..."

Kefira fell back onto her bed dramatically. "Never mind."

"What's wrong about going with us?!" Lottie called to Kefira from the doorway.

"You guys are too slow and then all you do is complain about the heat half the time.  I rather just lay here and pretend I'm on an adventure."

"Well then.." Lottie said but Nellie didn't hesitate to run over and pounce on Kefira.

"Girls! Stop it!" Alana yelled at them, but Lottie joined in the tickle fight and then even Rosemary jumped in to torture Kefira with tickles.

Neville stood quietly in the corner of the room as Kefira cried out in laughter from all the tickling, as Alana tried to break up the sisters.

Cardel walked over to the boy and clapped his hand on his shoulder.

"This is going to be a vacation you'll never ever forget, Neville."