Chapter Eighty

Kefira awoke with a stiff pain in her neck and felt the tingly sensation in her right arm, noting that her arm had fallen asleep. She tried to sit up in her bed, but as her hands reached out to push herself up, they were met with warmth that didn't belong to her bed. 

Her bed wasn't that comfortable.

Opening her eyes slowly adjusting to the light of fire that flickered back and forth, Kefira found herself on one of the common room sofas, but she wasn't alone. Sounds asleep beside her was Neville.

Her sudden movement caused him to stir but he remained asleep as she sat up on the sofa, rubbing her eyes. She didn't remember entering the Common Room, she only remembered arguing with Sir Cadogan outside of the room.

"Oh look, she's awake." she heard a familiar voice whisper. She glanced over at the entrance to the boy's dorm to see Seamus and Dean coming into the room.

"Hey guys." Kefira greeted before yawning.

"Hey." the two whispered. Seamus had a wicked grin on his face.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?"  She growled at him.

"Oh no reason." Seamus responded casually. "Did you have a nice nap?"

"Yes..why?"

"That's good." Seamus said. "Looks like Neville enjoyed it too."

"Dean, please control your pet." Kefira told the other boy. Dean laughed until Seamus glared at him.

"I was just pointing out the obvious, there's no need to be so hostile, Kefi." 

"What are you talking about, Seams?" Kefira said growing irritated at the boy's teasing smile.

"Neville's the one who got you in here, brought you over to the sofa and since Faye couldn't get you up to the girl's dorm herself, he volunteered to stay right beside you on the sofa. Just in case anyone tried to bother you while you slept."

Kefira looked over to Neville's sleeping body and smiled faintly.

"If it weren't for him, you'd probably be asleep outside with Sir Cadogan." Seamus laughed.

"I'd like to think that other Gryffindors would have some compassion even if you don't, Finnigan." Kefira said with another yawn.

"Where were you?" Dean asked her.

"I went out looking for Elizabeth and I got caught. Of course, Professor Snape was the one who just had to give me detention. He made me stay up the entire night in the Potions Classroom, not doing anything. I just had to sit there, and if I fell asleep, he would wake me right back up."

"That stinks." Dean said.

"Serves you right though." Seamus told her. "You shouldn't have snuck out of the Great Hall like that. You could have been hurt."

"I'm fine, aren't I? Besides it wasn't like I was alone. I had Violet with me." she said.

"Violet? You mean that one that comes over to the Fat Lady-"

"Elizabeth."

Seamus rolled his eyes. "The one that comes over to drink with Elizabeth all the time. That was the person you had protecting you. What  were you going to do if you met Sirius Black in a corridor? How was Violet going to protect you?"

"I'm sorry, why are you scolding me again?" Kefira asked.

Dean patted her shoulder. "It's his way of saying that he's glad that you're okay. We're all glad that you're alright. Especially Neville, according to Faye he was all set to search the castle for you."