~5~

Hades just wanted to fuck. He didn't want to talk about the abysmal meal he and Lexi endured with Melinoe, which only served to prove that Melinoe had been born to torment him. Their two offspring were the only positive consequences to come from their tumultuous relationship. If it wasn't for Lexi's calming presence, Hades would have been brooding under the numbing effects of the wine. Instead, he knelt in front of her, basking in her glow.

"I have not missed the sun since you arrived," he said. "I am at the mercy of your warmth, your touch, your taste. Will you take me right here? Right now?"

Lexi lifted her hand and gently brushed a strand of hair out of his eyes. "While I would love to wrap my legs around you and never let go, I should give my food a chance to digest, otherwise I might spoil the mood." She held out her hand, and Hades slipped his fingers into it. "I know you're tense from that...awkward meal. Sit with me, my lusty prince, and we will watch the sky turn."

Hades grinned at her turn of phrase. It was something he had said to her, possibly in a sonnet, and a sense of peace fell over him as they reclined together, staring up through the glass. It had become a ritual for them, whether from the balcony, the bridge, or there beneath the dome. Not even he and Persephone took the time to welcome the change anymore.

"I apologize for Melinoe's rudeness," he said. "She is a terrible conversationalist, unless you enjoy talking about unpleasant things."

"You don't need to apologize for her. She is free to make her own choices, and if she wants to bring up topics that make people uncomfortable, then she can face the consequences of not being asked to dinner."

Hades chuckled. He could always count on Lexi's sense of humor to carry him through difficult moments, a fact he had already come to rely on. "While I relish the thought of never having to face Melinoe across the table again, I cannot ban her from the palace. Perhaps we could convince her to eat with the nymphs. They seem to enjoy her company."

Lexi offered no rebuttal as she absently caressed his knee with her fingers. Had he summoned something unpleasant for her with his comment? Damn. Why did he have to bring up Melinoe?

"What is it, my sweet? You're thinking hard about something."

"Yes, I am. Why didn't you tell me Kade was coming to my parent's house for Thanksgiving? You talk about him almost every time we walk through the forest or pass his portrait in the hall, yet you waited until the last minute to tell me. Did you do it on purpose?"

Hades sighed, hating himself for his weakness. "Kade's plans were not made until yesterday, and I had not found the right opportunity to mention it. To be honest, Lexi, I was not sure I was ready for you to meet Kade."

"Why wouldn't you want me to meet him? He's your son."

"Yes, but he has lived for six hundred and fifty mortal years, so he is no child. He is a mighty god, as I am, with many devoted consorts."

A sympathetic smile spread across Lexi's face as she bobbed her head. "Now I see. You don't want me to meet him because you're afraid I will fall for his charms like I fell for yours. Do I have to remind you, good sir, that I am a one god goddess? What reason would I have to give myself to anyone else? You give me everything I need."

Lexi leaned into his mouth, and the kiss she offered would have any god convinced she could make good on her word, but Hades's mind was not on her lips. She was promising him something he had not offered to do in return, and he had no right to feel the stab of jealousy at the thought of her taking another god to bed.

Lexi had barely scratched the surface of her godly heritage, while Hades already knew what eternity felt like. He knew she would likely outgrow him, and her desire to experience the world would stretch to include sexual experiences. Should he tell her that he and Persephone had fallen into a routine. A routine that often left him feeling empty even when Persephone occupied the same room? Did he dare tell her how this nearly broke him?

Hades fondled the silk of Lexi's shirt, imaging it lying on the floor in a pile of spring colors. He wanted to subdue her. To fill her until they both shattered. But his conscience had other plans. "What if I told you that you will eventually crave more than I can give? What if I said your godly gifts will fill you with a need to explore more than the underworld can offer?"

Lexi pursed her lips, but he knew it was not in preparation for another kiss. "Can we explore each other right now and think about eventualities later? I'm just starting to tackle the bylaws, and Hecate is constantly quizzing me. I feel like I never left school. I want to enjoy not having responsibilities for a while and focus on my favorite subject...you."

As Lexi pressed her lips to Hades's wine-soakedmouth, she slipped her hand between his thighs, and his manhood woke to greether. How long did it take food to digest? He had no problem fucking her in slow motion. He wanted to please her as much as he wanted her straddling him. But doubts still plagued his mind. 

Was Lexi tiring of his constant desire for her? Had she already expected him to sate his lust here under the dome as they had done the night before? If Hades was to woo this enchanting goddess properly, he needed to stay on top of his game. It was time for a change of scenery.

 It was time for a change of scenery