~22~

Lexi loved mornings in Nova Scotia. It didn't matter the time of year, there always seemed to be a refreshing breeze, like the air had come straight off an iceberg before making its way to the coast. She tended to keep her balcony door ajar for that reason, and this morning felt extra special. 

Besides waking up in her old bedroom, there was the added bonus of having her lover's arms around her. She also had the visit from Aristaeus to look forward to. If all went as planned, she would be returning to the underworld with her best friend.

"Good morning, my enchanting one." Hades spoke into her hair as he snuggled against her, his bare skin warming her back and his morning wood pressing into her butt. "I thought of you all night."

"I'm glad to hear that. Were you reminiscing about our private party in the stable?"

"Yes. Then we continued our dalliance on the beach and in the limousine and under the falls. My desire for you is inexhaustible."

He cupped her breast with one hand, waking the nipple with a few teasing pinches and making her giggle. His hand dipped lower and he fondled her pubic hair as he navigated his hard-on between her thighs. Lexi arched into his pelvis, giving him access to her center, and his finger found her clit, which tweaked with sensitivity. By the time he slipped his erection inside her, she was nearly ready for release.

"Oh, gods, you turn me on," she whispered.

Hades held her close as he pounded into her, his breathing growing raspier with every thrust. She knew he could go any time, as she hung by a thread herself. How did he manage to do it? She had been asleep only five minutes ago. Just as she was about to succumb to her body, a series of heavy knocks rattled her bedroom door, followed by a booming voice. 

"Lexi! When you have finished screwing my brother, you have visitors at the stable."

"Shit." Lexi's body immediately tensed, and she felt her climax evaporate like dew in the sun. "Zeus sure knows how to ruin a mood."

"Ignore that killjoy, Lexi. Let me take you to your happy place." Hades continued his mission to pummel her into passion oblivion, and she gave in to her base urges, blocking out the image of Zeus listening on the other side of her door as her bed squeaked out their love song. 

She stifled her moan as Hades filled her with his warmth, and she joined him, extracting a shiver of satisfaction that lingered a long while. Lexi had never purposefully defied her elders, but it felt oddly gratifying to engage in deviant behavior within earshot of a disapproving parent. She wasn't a child anymore.

After a not-so-brief shower, Lexi and Hades trundled downstairs and found only her mom at work. With Chef Pastille and his minions being given a reprieve for the weekend, she had laid out breakfast, buffet style. It was no secret that Lilith Maxwell would be perfectly happy to remain in charge twenty-four-seven, but she would drive herself and everyone else crazy.

"This spread looks fit for a king, Lilith," Hades said as he popped a mini quiche into his mouth.

"Thank you. I hope it lives up to the standards of Chef Pastille. He taught me everything I know. Try the baked brie and cranberries. It's divine."

"We need to get to the stable, Mom, but we'll be back to join everyone for seconds." Lexi piled her plate higher than she normally would. Sex seemed to improve her appetite as much as any post-game hunger did. "Where's...um, Dad?"

Lexi and her mom exchanged an uncomfortable glance. She still hadn't found time to talk to her mom about her affair with a god. Of course, Lexi couldn't give her mom too much crap about it. She had fallen for one herself, and if she hadn't been born a demigod, she never could have escaped to the underworld with Hades to become his full-time lover. Lexi was sure her mom wouldn't have left the family if she had demigod status. Unlike Hades, Zeus was a whore.