Just What I Needed (18)

Another picture of Seth on the side ------------->

Taking deep calming breaths, Keely got dressed the next day.

It was going to be her first day in the studio, and she was almost vibrating with nervous energy. But at least she got to sleep in until eleven because the Maureen hadn't booked the studio until one.

Today she dressed very casually, not truly knowing what to expect when she got into the studio

So she pulled on a black t-shirt that's sleeves hit her elbows and had a scooped up neck with navy blue sweatpants. It was loose around her skinny waist, and wrinkled down over her hips, but was casual to her purpose. She pulled on her mother's long medallion necklace that fell right underneath her breasts. Yawning, she shoved her feet in black flip flops and pushed on grey aviator sunglasses.

In a hurry still, Keely pulled her straight hair into a low pony-tail and let the bangs fall out, rushing down to the lobby where Dave would be waiting, her things in tow in the shoulder bag she wore.

"Thanks," Keely told Dave vaguely when he dropped her off.

As she walked into the studio, Keely looked down at her phone, and not just because she wanted to look as if she was busy. Miss Jones had sent her an email telling her which recording studio the guys and her would be in today. And sure enough, there it was, studio number three.

But as she went to open the door, Keely had to take another one of those calming breaths.

Because she was going to have to deal with Seth today, whether she and he liked it or not. And he had probably told Marco and Colton all about her crying fit, already, Keely felt herself flushing.

"Hey," Keely said with a smile pushing open the door.

"Hey dude," Marco said sitting at the control panel looking intently down upon it while Colton said his hello sitting relaxed with a water bottle dangling from his fingers.

Rolling her eyes, Keely dropped her bag on the chair beside Colton. "So where's your third part? Seth?" it was hard to say his name, Keely almost chocked on it.

“He got arrested last night, and is now sleeping off the bender at his apartment,” Colton told her, snorting.

What?” Keely yelped, her eyes bulging, “He got arrested?”

Marco shrugged, not bothering to look back. “Happens at least twice a month lately, this time it was for public drunkenness.”

She sighed with relief. It still felt strange to her that a guy who played pop music like Seth Ryan could manage to pull of the bad boy so well; she may not have paid attention to them before in Bellingham, but she remembered seeing more than one – well, more than fifty – magazines with him on cover, talking about his drinking, fighting or getting arrested, some times all three at once.

Suddenly feeling all the more relaxed because he wouldn't be there, Keely finally looked through the window that lead into the actual studio. It was a gorgeous open space, instruments strewn about admiss the wooden walls. Apart from the large room, there were separate booths lining the walls, most likely for vocals or at least solitary playing from what she guessed. But Keely wasn't exactly an expert on the going ons in the studio, yet.

Twirling around in his seat, Marco grinned at her. "I think I detect some happiness there? What, don't like the third in N.S.R?"

"The feeling is mutual," she assured him rolling her eyes. "And it's mostly hate, your guy is kind of a jack ass."