Just What I Needed (39)

READ THIS! There are a few references to characters in jules130's story Rock Prodigy, and the first song mentioned is in the external link!

A loud yelp broke through Keely's lips before her mind could even fully capture the predicament, and she flung herself around recklessly only causing her to land in a heap on the cool concrete floor.

“I really wish I had video taped that.”

Her brain not functioning, Keely just gaped up at Susan Webster who looked neat in her slacks and blazer. Bewildered, she shoved herself up, balancing on the palms of her hands holding her steady on the concrete. “Susan-I... what?”

“I'm beginning to film for the video now,” she proclaimed, “I assumed you'd want to change, but if you'd rather-”

Instantly she shoved herself up from the ground, brushing off her ass instinctively. “I'd rather go home and take a shower,” Keely interrupted hastily.

Sighing she turned back to the couch where she'd fallen asleep, feeling suddenly chilly, she snatched up her leather jacket and swung it around her, having used it as a blanket during the night. Yawning, she glanced at her watch, proving she'd had just four hours of sleep. That was far from enough, she found herself making a face at the opposing wall, thinking of how burnt out she'd be after the day long session in the studio.

Maybe a party hadn't exactly been a good idea, but Keely was already grateful she hadn't drank much, having a hangover would simply not be a good thing. Smoothing down her hair the best she could without a mirror and her hands. Swinging around, she blinked at the camera already pointed at her face.

Not knowing what to do, Keely just frowned slightly, turning away. But she couldn't help but steal a glance back to the camera.

Shouldn't she be doing something funny or reckless or at least cool? Not just act like her.

Deciding it was still too early to be thinking about that, she just walked away. Very nearly tripping over Seth where he was sleeping on the floor, on top of a rug.

Resisting the strong urge to wake him up in revenge for all the times he'd shocked her out of a peaceful slumber, she simply stepped over him carefully. But he better hope that he was awake and at the studio, or else she wouldn't be so kind.

“Um... I need to catch a cab back to my hotel-” she began awkwardly.

Susan nodded enthusiastically from behind the camera, and answered a question that hadn't been asked, “Yeah, I'll come with you. Just act like the camera's not here.”

Nodding, Keely opened the door quietly, hoping not to wake up anyone that was still passed out across the warehouse. She had a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be that easy to just pretend someone wasn't following her around with a camera focused upon her. To be truthful, the whole idea of it was kind of awkward.

But she was proved wrong. On the cab ride, despite the odd looks from the cab driver, she found it quite easy to ignore the camera zoomed in on her. As long as she didn't stare straight at the piece of equipment, she could pretend that she was just talking to Susan Webster – although that was a bit odd in itself. She could even get away with from side long glances towards the camera, just no staring allowed.

Getting to her hotel room, Susan followed her inside without so much as an invite, but having gotten quite used to that by this time, Keely just shrugged and closed the door behind her.

“I'm going to go have a shower,” she announced, looking slightly warily at the woman with the video camera. “And I really think I want to do that by myself with no cameras...”