Just What I Needed (34)

It was an abrasive noise that woke Keely the next morning.

Her eyes flew open in shock, but after a moment she realized the sound was knocking.

Loud, echoing, ceaseless – did she mention loud? – knocking.

Groaning Keely rolled from bed, taking the time to slip on a pair of Snoopy pyjama bottoms over her underwear before stumbling down the stairs, because no matter how tired she was answering the door in just underwear and a tank top didn't seem logical.

Swinging open the door, she spared a moment for surprise before groaning and smacking her forehead against the door frame. “Go away?” she suggested hopefully, peering up from where she leaned her head.

“Not a nice way to greet people,” Seth answered, casually brushing past her.

Scowling, Keely slammed the door shut with a flick of her wrist after him, not liking his simply walking in uninvited, it was becoming a habit of his. Spinning around on her bare heel, she crossed her arms over her chest and snapped, “Maybe I don't want to greet some people.”

“Ouch,” he responded, smirking broadly as he pressed his hands over his heart.

A thought occurred to her, and before she could stop herself, she blurted, “Are you drunk again?”

“No,” Seth snorted, “It's nine in the morning.”

Suddenly suspicious of his almost friendly, well, really, friendly behaviour, Keely could only remember her wish the night before. She had wished that she could have a pretend a pretend drunk Seth all the time. Moaning, she rubbed her palms over her eyes, muttering, “If I have some kind of genie out there, I change my mind. I want a twenty year old version of Johnny Depp in my bed instead.”

“Hm?” Seth asked, obviously not catching her words as he sent her a confused glance as he moved towards the kitchen of her hotel room.

Peeking between her fingers, Keely groaned, “Oh, great, you're still here.”

Snorting he began to open the cupboards in her little unused kitchen. “Yeah, and not liking to vanish into thin air yet.”

“Don't eat my food,” she snapped at him.

“You don't have any food.”

Rubbing her temples wearily, Keely asked the question that should have come to mind the moment she saw him standing in her doorway. “What the hell are you doing here, Ryan? Studio time isn't until eleven, it's nine.

“Yeah, and you probably would've slept right through it,” he retorted.

I don't do that, Seth. So why the hell are you waking me up after five hours of sleep when I could have gotten six and a half?”

Seeming to find her cabinets rather boring, he finally stopped looking through them in order to look back at her. “Oh, yeah, I cancelled the studio for the day.”

Feeling her eyes bulge, Keely stared at him incredulously, but the anger soon set in. “You mean to tell me,” she began dangerously slow, seething as she inched towards him. “That not only did I have to bail you out from jail last night, and wasn't able to sleep until almost four in the morning, but you woke me up even when you cancelled our studio time?”

For a moment Seth appeared to ponder her words, but then a grin slid onto his mouth, and he gave her a simply, “Yup.”

“You dumbass!” Keely exclaimed, just short of screeching as she punched him in the chest.