Just What I Needed (53)

For once Keely woke up naturally or at least on her own accord. Yawning, she curled tighter about herself, attempting to keep the little bit of sleep she had left to her while she snuggled comfortably into the baggy sweater, breathing in the scent contently. But her eyes flickered open and the just the thought of Seth.

Sighing, she turned her head, finding the soft morning light showering the bus.

Swinging her legs over the side of the bunk, she pulled herself into a sitting position, hunching her shoulders cautiously as to not smack her head onto the roof again while she shoved the blankets to the end \of the bunk.

Resisting – with great difficulty – not to smell the hoodie again, Keely rubbed the sleep wearily from her eyes.

Since she was beginning to put herself more into the world of the living, the voice from the front of the bus finally reached her ears. They were speaking in hushed tones, making Keely frown slightly in confusion. Very rarely did anyone bother to be quiet in the mornings.

But when she dropped down to her feet, it was to her surprise that Marco and Colton’s beds were empty while Seth was still in his. He was sleeping on his side, his back to her, a little smirk stretched across her mouth when she noticed the pillow making his hair stand up on end on one side.

For a moment, she lingered there indecisively, her hand tapping lightly on her thigh.

The conversation from last night was burnt into her memory, and she still didn’t know what she could do. What could she do, after all it wasn’t like she’d had some enormous impact in his life, not the same why Marco and Colton had and they hadn’t managed to heal him yet. She was just plain Keely, in years all she’d be to him was an artist he once produced and shared a bus with. The thought caused her heart to jerk painfully.

Deciding it would be better all around to simple let him sleep, he got so little of it as it was and she’d hate to take it away from him, Keely just made her way down from the bunks, pondering her previous thoughts.

Was it so terrible that she didn’t want to look back years from now, wherever she might be in life, and Seth to be just a passing memory from her first album? It was the same with the boys and Marissa too, yet it was different because... well, it was Seth. Everything was different when it came to Seth with her.

Chewing on her lip thoughtfully, Keely poured herself a cup of coffee. She took the time to put a bagel in the toaster for herself before taking her and her mug to the table where Marco and Colton were sitting across from her.

“Morning,” she greeted unenthusiastically, plopping down on the seat beside Colton.

They chorused their good mornings as Keely sipped on her coffee, not paying attention to the conversation.

What would it be like with Seth now, after all that he’d told her last night? Would it be awkward? Oh, would he be regretting telling her? For all she knew he could’ve been drinking last night and the alcohol had loosened his tongue into telling her those secrets. For some reason that thought saddened her greatly.

When a socked foot nudged her bared calf beneath the table, Keely gave a jolt, looking across at Marco with wide eyes. “Hm?”

He sent her a confused look, probably pondering what she’d been thinking so hard about, but didn’t question her about it all the same. “We were wondering what you were going to do for Christmas?”

Feeling the familiar ache in her stomach at the holiday that was advancing quickly on them, Keely gave a shrug. Her feelings towards home were a mess, she couldn’t sort them out. A part of her only wanted to go home for Christmas, be the same little kid that would wake her dad up early in the morning and be so excited when Joe would show up halfway through unwrapping presents.