Griffin am I

Ever since 'that day' I've wanted to write a book about my life. Up until lately I thought that it was a pointless and dangerous thing to do. The events happening in my life were pretty cool... then they got exciting, but then they became absolutely amazing!

This chapter you're reading is just a short prologue for my book. The real story starts in the next chapter, but you have to know a few things about me. Yes, me. Me, myself, and I.

So I will begin by explaining my life by introducing myself to you. My name is Olivia Linn Davis. No, I look normal, seem normal, and sometimes act normal, but I have a 'not-normal' existence.

Back when I was nine years old, I started getting more energetic. Most nine year old children are pretty fast and show much vitality anyway. Usually, my classmates chose to play games during recess. I was beyond that. I literally ran around the playground as if a whole pack of wolves were after me. There was so much energy inside me that wanted, and needed, to be released after being cooped inside a small classroom. The other kids could keep up with me, but I had way more stamina than any of those elementary kids.

My parent and teacher assumed I was going through a small growth spurt. So they let me run. Each day I had more energy than the one before. In my neighborhood I soon became known as 'the girl that constantly runs around the place for no apparent reason'.

At night I would lie in bed wide awake wondering when I would fall asleep. I was always the champion at every sleepover. The other nine year old girls would be asleep by twelve, but I would be up watching TV or play on their IPad until it was three thirty the next morning.

My parents started to worry that I wasn't getting enough sleep. The doctor told them that if I was still able to run around as often as I did then I was perfectly healthy.

The day came when I really changed. Of course, I could still run like a rabbit. Not a rabbit though. More like... a creature with wings, talons, a beak, and a lion body.

Okay. I sort of woke up one morning as a mythical creature. Both very cool and very scary. You can imagine my reaction when I woke up in a weird body that wasn't mine.

Eventually, I figured out how to turn back into a human. Then I learned out that could morph back to a griffin whenever I pleased.

After that day, I often hung out around the house in my feather pelt.
Ever since then I have never returned to the doctor. Actually, I've never even seen a doctor since I was nine. My parents are now extremely suspicious of doctors since they believe they might accidentally figure out what I am. My parents have tight rules on when and where I use my 'abilities'. You can easily guess what they are so I won't repeat them to you, because my parents have told me these restrictions a thousand times. I've heard them enough.

I was nine when I became a griffin. That was seven years ago. I'm sixteen now, and glad I'm that I am.

The non-mythical part of my life is school. I have friends, best friends, a few haters, and one crush.

My three best friends are Cellcy, Wonona, and Roxanne. Then I have average everyday friends that I usually just joke around with. I'm not going to talk about my haters. No one should let the haters bother them. It's a waste of precious time.

Then there's that guy I like. Yeah, the only boy who seems to not act stupid, immature, or arrogant. He's good looking, but not hot. Also has good manners too. This guy has muscle, but isn't ripped.

His name is Diesel. I've had a secret crush on him since the first day of my freshman year of highschool.
I talk to him rarely. I'm too shy to say a word to his face.

Anyway, who cares about that. I'm not Cyrano de Bergerac.

By the way, I have long jet black hair, caramel brown eyes, and a thin face. Not too exciting by the way. Like I said earlier, I basically look average.
Now! It is time to begin my action-packed tale. Since I finally decided to record my story I will begin with what has currently been happening then I'll just write as things begin to take place. Nothing exciting at first, but I can tell it's about to get really interesting.

This is my life as a teenage griffin. 😊