Explanatory

At least Takolize is locked up now.
I grab the remote to turn the channel after watching the twelve o'clock news.
It's Thursday, and I should be at school right now. Instead, I'm at home watching Felicity scramble around the house. Sometimes she's a human girl and other times a white mythical pumagriff.
Early this morning, we came home and explained to my parents that Felicity had changed during the night. We told them that I helped her out with this new body of hers, but we left out the part where Garret, Diesel, and Ash were involved.
My parents wanted Felicity to stay home and adjust to 'the change'. They were both proud and worried for Felicity at the same time. They'll slowly get used to it though. At least this isn't like when I woke up as a griffin for the first time and scared my mother half to death.
Of course I decided to stay home with my sister today. Felicity isn't old enough to be home alone. She's just nine.
I only have one whole day of school left. You would think that I would be having tests on these last days, but, believe it or not, I have already done my final tests.
Everybody at school is probably having a big time right now or are cleaning up the class rooms for summer break.
And what am I doing at this exact moment?
Oh, I'm just watching my little sister meandering from room to room in different forms. I'm a shapeshifter myself and even I can't get used to having her walking around in two vastly different forms.
But then again, I was the same exact way seven years ago when I first morphed.
Neither my parents nor I can figure out why she didn't shift when we predicted it to happen. Maybe our predictions were inaccurate. Or maybe Felicity is just a late bloomer.
I have so many unanswered questions in my life... I guess that's what happens when you're a part-time griffin like me.
_____________________
(Exactly one week later...)
I return to the front door after walking to the mailbox. The cool air inside our house is a relief compared to the unusually hot early summer temperature outside.
After the front door shuts behind me, I look down at the mail in my left hand. A magazine for my mom, a bank statement for my dad, some junk mail, and a small envelope.
My eyes scan the address on the simple envelope. It's for me apparently. There's no return address present.
I lay down the rest of the mail on the lamp stand as I take the letter to my room. I never get mail so this is a very strange thing to occur.
Ever since my crazed encounter with Takolize, I've been on edge. It's been a full week now, and I have been more cautious than ever before.
If Takolize told anyone about the creatures he attempted to capture, I doubt they would've believed anything past his first sentence
Well, I hoped no one believed those words. I mean, who would believe him if he spoke of a griffin?
Psh, griffins aren't real.
As I walk into my room, my eyes dart over to the brass griffin statuette that now sits on my desk. A few nights ago, Diesel and I returned to that creepy old mansion so I could retrieve the griffin figurine. Afterwards, I polished the dusty antique, and then I placed it in my room.
I crawl across my bed and lean against the wall as I sit on top of the bed. My fingers tear open the envelope. I growl when a jagged line rips in the wrong direction across the envelope.
Irritated, I allow one of my talons to grow from my fingernail so that I can continue to open the mysterious letter.
I sigh dramatically when I accomplish the extremely simple task.
Pulling out the paper inside the envelope, my eyes narrow. I open up the neatly folded parchment.
Could this be another threat from Takolize? Did he figure out who I am?
Neat, feminine handwriting meets my sight.
Nope, this definitely isn't Takolize.
The heading greets, 'Dear Olivia'. I glance at the bottom of the letter. It ends as, 'Sincerely, Your Best Friend Forever, Roxanne'.
I begin to involuntarily read the handwritten letter out-loud.
"Dear Olivia, I hope you are doing well since we last saw each other. My family and I are doing just fine. The night we went to the police was the night when our life finally became safe once more. Yes, we went through many prosecutions and criminal charges. We explained our story to the officials about how we were forced into such blackmailing. Surprisingly, the law heard us out. They actually listened. Maybe it was because we are a family or maybe it's because we don't appear to be the type of people to vandalize property. Nonetheless, our information about Takolize helped the police to track him down and to pin more criminal acts upon his record. Though we got off easy, we are still having to pay for the countless things we did. Many hours of community work and thousands of dollars in fines are ahead of us. After we are done with all of the legal work, we will be moving to Virginia to start a new, fresh life where no one will know of our dark past. Unfortunately, it will be a long time until I can see you again. Possibly years. But until then, I'll always know that I have a friend waiting for me in Melark, Missouri. I still have questions about how you found me in the old mansion and how you managed to help free me, but what I want to say most is thank you. You helped me escape from Takolize's men and convinced my family to go to the police. If it wasn't for you, or Diesel, neither of those things would have happened. I'm also sorry for the mistakes I made. I've said that before, but you know how I am with apologies. It may be years before we see each other again, but I hope we'll still have a strong friendship, Olivia. Sincerely, Your Best Friend Forever, Roxanne."