•Author's Note•

As always, I must thank all of my readers for being ever faithful throughout this book. So many people have encouraged me by commenting and voting on each chapter.
______________
I had two sole purposes for writing this book. The first one was that I had always wanted to write about a griffinshifter. The second purpose was that it was time that someone should write a book focused on someone who could turn into a griffin. It was an idea no one had written about yet. Yes, there were dragonshifters books but no griffinshifters.
This book was written between the months of March and August of 2016. I put so much effort and work into this book. Countless hours and thoughts were ingrained into the chapters of Part-Time Griffin. Olivia Linn Davis easily became one of my most loved characters.
I want to say something to everyone who's currently writing a book. Don't be discouraged by thinking that your book isn't 'good enough' or the idea for that book is 'preposterous'. Everyone's idea is worthy of becoming a book! Also, don't let writer's block defeat you. Battle against it!
I must admit that writing a book takes dedication. So much dedication. You're heart must be in it. You should want to write chapters, not procrastinate. I've had books that I've procrastinated on. The story begins to feel less important and worthwhile over that period of procrastination. My heart was definitely in this book though. I would somethings write multiple chapters in a week. Just the mere thought of continuing Olivia's story made me excited.
Please keep in mind that I wrote the majority of this book during the summer when I had loads of time to write. Once school came around, I did not have an ounce of time for writing. It's also a reason why you should write your book now incase you don't have time later.
______________
Character's Names:
The ideas for my characters came to me randomly. Their names all have unique backgrounds though. Each bullet below represents a character.

•I decided that my main character's name should be Olivia. I've always liked that name, and it's also the female version of the name Oliver. (I might have been going through an Oliver Queen faze during the first chapters of this book... Long story.)

•The name Diesel has always been a favorite of mine. I'm not sure why. His other name, Walker, was inspired by the old show Walker: Texas Ranger. (Another long story.)

•Olivia's sister is Felicity. I named her after Felicity Smoak, a character off of Arrow.

•Roxanne's name came from the play Cyrano de Bergerac. It's a tragedy. Let's go no further on the details.

•Diesel's brother is Garret. His name was inspired by Garret Xavier Sebastian from the Talon Saga by Julie Kagawa.

•Diesel's most trusted friend is Ash. His name was randomly chosen. I just happened to like the name, and I knew that he shouldn't have a normal name like Bob, Joe, or Jack. (No offense if your name is Bob, Joe, or Jack!)

As you can tell, many of the names all had an inspiration. Some were random while other names were just a personal favorite. If you have any questions pertaining to the characters, the storyline, or the book in general, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer them. 😊
__________________
The Sequel:
Yes, there will be a sequel of course!
I have debated how it will be formatted. I had been planning on having it all in Diesel's POV, but I decided to do both Olivia and Diesel. Lots of exciting things will be happening and you'll want to see how both of these characters are seeing things through their eyes. I will not be constantly switching viewpoints. It will begin with Diesel's view and after about eight chapter it will switch to Olivia's for a while. These sections consisting of chapters of a certain character's viewpoint will be a called a 'part'.
(I hope that wasn't confusing, because I almost confused myself with that explanation. Please ask questions if you're confused.)
The sequel itself is focused around Diesel more than anything. It's titled Part-Time Pegacorn for a reason. Anyway, Diesel, Olivia, Felicity, Garret, and Ash are all going to be important characters in the storyline. During the middle of the book, there might be a crossover with a character from one of my other books, but I'm debating on wether that's going to happen or not. I don't need too many characters.
Book Intro:
"When existence is at its most normal, situations seem to suddenly turn weird. Hopefully, I'm not the only person who lives this way."
     Life hasn't been the same since the day that Diesel Summers became a shapeshifting mythical creature.
     With a midnight coat, a spiral horn as long as your arm, a wingspan that is as wide as a truck is long, and terrifying fangs, Diesel has found becoming a pegacorn a hard thing to adjust to.
In the sequel to Part-Time Griffin, Diesel will face new trials like never before. He'll have to truly except himself in order to overcome enemies and protect the girl he cares for most.
     Together, Diesel, Garret, Ash, Felicity, and Olivia will face a new, dangerous threat in an unfamiliar territory.

(Part-Time Pegacorn: the second book in the Part-Time Series)

__________________
I've drug out this Author's Note too long already. I'm almost done, okay?
So the book is on my profile. Updates will be slow, but what worries me the most is whether I can create an equally good sequel. The plot line is still in creation though. I will gladly except ideas through direst messaging.

Thank you again!

~SamanthaGettys 🐉🐅