Uncertain

Bright white light shines through the curtains. It blinds me as I open my eyelids. My head lifts up and I look around myself.
Cellcy is still asleep on the recliner, and Roxanne is sleeping restfully on the hard floor. I have no idea how or when she got down there. Most of last night's activities are clouded by sleep.
The round clock on the wall tells me that it's fifteen minutes after seven. I slowly stand and stiffly walk to the kitchen to find my mom beginning to make breakfast.
"Did everyone have a good time last night?" She asks brightly.
It takes only a few seconds for my morning personality to kick in.
"Yeah, we did. I don't think the others will wake up for another hour or more though." I reply as I watch her lay more bacon on the frying pan.
Ten minutes later, I'm going around to each of my friends commanding them to wake up. Sometimes I jerk the covers off them in order to rouse them back into consciousness.
"Wake up, Cellcy. Wake up, Roxanne." I say loudly having no remorse for them.
Then I walk to my room. Wonona is in a tight ball on my bed. The covers are waded up around her sleeping form.
"Wake up!" I open the curtains to let more blinding sunlight come in.
Mumbling, my friend complains, "Go away morning person. Go away."
The smell of food is what finally makes my friends get up. Within twenty minutes they're all standing in the kitchen waiting to eat.
Once we finish breakfast, I pick up any trash leftover from last night's craziness. Then I help my friends pack up their things.
At nine o'clock I drive my friends back to each of their houses. They all have things they need to do today. That's why I'm dropping them off so early.
Cellcy lives the farthest away, and Wonona is only a few miles from my house. Roxanne lives the closest to me, because she lives just across the lake from my house. Sadly, the drive around the huge lake takes more than a few minutes.
It's ten o'clock when I finally get home. Driving my friends took longer than I had expected.
I put my Camry into park then pull the key out of the ignition. Before I can open the car door, Felicity is bouncing out of the house excitedly.
I just now realized that I haven't seen her all morning.
A dumbfounded look must be on my face, because she frowns, "We do this every weekend. How could you forget?"
I roll my eyes, and get out of the car. Every weekend I do something with my little sister. Last weekend it was mostly fishing and riding bikes.
A lot has happened since then. Things such as finding out your crush is a pegacorn and searching for the local troublemakers.
But I don't complain when Felicity hands me a list of all the things she has planned out for us to do. Since she had been denied to spend the night at a friend's house, I decide to go easy on her today.
By five o'clock, Felicity finally gets tired and decides to go play a video game. I had made sure that I wore her out by doing the most active things on her list.
I walk back into my room for the first time since this morning. It's a little bedraggled from last night. Random candy wrappers and someone's forgotten clothes are strewn across the floor.
Walking by my desk, I see a yellow sticky note stuck down to its flat surface. I pull it off the desk and read it.
Thanks for inviting me over, Olivia. Had a great time! ~Roxanne
I smile at the note. Usually, Roxanne leaves a short little note like this whenever she spends the night. It's her way of showing her appreciation.
I stick it on the wall for no particular reason other than that it is sticky. Involuntarily, I reread the note as I stand there with my arms crossed happily. The round smooth shape of Roxanne's handwriting has always made me jealous.
Wait, roundish writing?
My right arm shoots out and rips the yellow paper off the wall. Inspecting it closer, I notice the smooth arcs of each letter. My stomach drops suddenly.
No, no, no, no, no!
I stare at the paper harder. Then without looking I walk to my closest. I quickly pull out the piece of paper that I found a few nights ago when the criminals had busted out all the windows.
Comparing the two handwritings of the notes, my stomach drops lower. They are exactly the same! Each letter is similar to the one on the other note Roxanne left for me. Each consonant and vowel are mirror images. No difference between each other at all.
They're the same. How could-? It can't be true! Impossible! I know Roxanne. She couldn't be one of those criminals. No way. She's not like that. Roxanne has been my friend for a decade. It's not in her nature to keep a secret. That means this can't be true.
No matter how I put it. I can't even prove to myself that my own friend might not be one of the people who has been vandalizing my town. Roxanne has never kept a secret between us, but she isn't the only who has kept secrets either.
The fact that I have concealed my griffin side for so long proves that anyone else can keep huge secrets as well.
The evidence that I hold in my hands proves plain and clear that my friend, my best friend is one of crooks who has been torturing my town.
Roxanne is sweet, not a midnight maniac. But... these two notes show that my friend isn't who she says she is.
Disbelief takes control of me. A sudden urge to talk to someone fills me. Sadly, only one other person knows of my investigation, and that person is Diesel.
I could really use his phone number right now, and I'll have to wait hours before I can talk to him face to face. I have no idea where he lives.
A sudden urge to figure out the truth fills me. I run into my kitchen, grab a ziplock bag, and stuff the older note inside it. I leave the yellow sticky note in my room.
Quickly, I tell my parents that I'm going to Roxanne's house. They actually don't find this suspicious since I go to her house so often.
Getting my cellphone and waterproof drawstring sack, I run down to my family's small dock on the lake. I jump on the jet ski only to realize that I forgot to grab the keys.
Speedily, I return to the house to search for the keys. When I finally find them, I waist no time. I jump back on the jet ski and head across the lake as fast as I can.
Water sprays up behind me as I fly across the lake's surface. Warm wind blows my dark hair back from my face. The jet ski jumps across the ripples left behind by a pontoon boat. The jet ski roars beneath me in an almost excited tone.
A minute later, I arrive at Roxanne's dock. A weight like an anchor is resting in my stomach. I am not sure whether I want to find out the truth or not...