【Part 2: Slip】「Satoshi」

Chapter 2: Slip

It felt surreal sitting across from Kazuo in a cafe. Was this really him? I wanted to ask, but I was too scared to. This man did know my name, and I'm not sure how he would know unless he was Kazuo himself.

"So...are you Kazuo?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smiles.

"But I thought you were dead? Someone said you cut off yo-"

"Let's not talk about those dark times." He places his hand on mine. His hand was cold. Either that or my hand was warm from being so close to him.

I was in deep confusion. Was this all a sick dream? "Kazuo I can't...how?" I was speechless.

"Don't tell anyone okay?" He looks at me sternly.

"Okay."

"I guess I pulled a Seiji." He laughed out loud.

"Uh yeah?" I was lost.

"We can't be lovers anymore. I'm clearly not the one for you. I just was unfortunate to bump into you today." He sighs.

My heart sunk. Kazuo doesn't even know that he's the only one I have left. "But why? I forgave you?" I cried.

"I am abusive, and I am not the one. Any retard would know this." His eyes were serious.

My heart started hurting. I didn't care if he was terrible. He always gave me a sense of hope, and being wanted. "Kazuo please don't leave me."

"I won't, but I can't be with you romantically."

"Can you come over?!" I pleaded.

The woman at the cafe looked at me as if I was crazy. I guess it must look ridiculous that a guy like me is begging another guy to stay with him.

Kazuo looked unsure, and nodded. "Sure Satoshi."

I decided to pay for the coffee. I noticed Kazuo didn't even drink his. I guess he must of felt guilty. He didn't even bother to stop me from paying. Maybe he really is trying to push me away.

We left the cafe, and I drove us back to my apartment. The drive was pretty quiet. I felt a lot of tension. It was unusual for Kazuo to be so quiet.

We entered my apartment, and Kazuo planted himself on the couch. I went to him, and got on my knees in front of him. I hugged his waist, resting my head on his stomach. He stroked my hair, and looked at me with a sadden expression.

"Satoshi..."

"Kazuo please don't leave me. I love you so much. You are all that I have left." I began crying. I was so happy I could die.

"Satoshi I can't be with you..." His voice was shaky.

"Why? We can start over. Hiro isn't here anymore so he can't bother us." I looked up at him in hopeful spirits.

Kazuo's eyes were sad. He wasn't lashing out on me like before. He truly is a changed man. Why can't he see that, and accept that we should be together, and start a whole new slate.

"Satoshi, it just wouldn't work out. Please believe me." He sighs, and lightly pushes me off.

"Can we please try?" I sounded pretty pathetic. I had nothing left. I couldn't lose this. Not again. I held onto his shirt tightly.

"If you don't stop, I'll disappear again." He threatens me with his sad eyes. He looked like he wanted to cry.

"Kazuo I need you!" I cried. My tears dripped down on his pants. I wanted him so badly that it hurts. I couldn't bear seeing him with someone else. I wouldn't know what to do if I would have to witness that.