【Chapter 22: Truth】「Kazuo」

Chapter 22: Truth

"Kazuo, today Satoshi needs to be taken care of. His mother called me. You think you can do it today?" My mom held the phone in her hand as she stares at me.

I smiled. "Sure, why not. I don't think I am hanging out with my girlfriend today."

"Okay, I will let them know."

I looked at Kizuo sitting on the couch playing video games. He glares at me. I found myself frowning at him almost every time. We are twins, but he was the overly negative one. He did poor in school, and was a slob at home. I feared he wouldn't go to college. I wanted the best for him, but he was rebellious, and violent in the house. I tried to stay away the best I could.

"Stop staring at me!" He yells.

"Stop fighting with Kazuo." My mom sighs. "I'm heading to work. Just try not to destroy anything Kizuo." She grabs her purse, and leaves the house.

My dad was already at work, and I wasn't working today so I had time to look after Satoshi. "You know, you should get a job. You are sixteen." I said to my brother.

"Fuck off." He grabs his headphones, and places them over his ears.

My brother was a follower. Ever since I dyed my hair blonde, he did the same. He would purposely do that to get me in trouble in the house. It never worked though since I acted completely different from him, and my parents knew better.

"Well I'm heading out!" I called out, but he ignored me, and I left the house.

I walked down the street to Satoshi's house. Being around him gave me peace. He's so innocent, and cheerful unlike Kizuo. I felt Satoshi was more of a brother than Kizuo at this point.

Maybe Kizuo was jealous of me. Even his name is below mine. I always got good grades, and bought whatever I wanted since I had a job. He couldn't do either, and had to go to therapy for his violent rebellious behavior. He could change, but he didn't want to. It made me sad. I wish I could help him, but I couldn't.

I knocked on the door, and Satoshi's mother opens the door. She smiles, and lets me in. "So how is school? Still planning to go to France?"

The subject of France always made me happy. It was my dream to be a professor in France. "Yes! I already know the college. I know everything!"

"I wish you luck. Just two more years." She smiles.

"Two too long though." I sighed. "Where is little Satoshi?"

She points upstairs. I could hear the tv blasting upstairs. "He's into this new game I got him. Play with him. I have to head to work. You already know my number, and there is money on the counter."

"Thanks Mrs. Ishihara." I smiled, and watched as she went towards the door. She gave me one more smile before she left.

I started walking upstairs, and saw Satoshi playing on the PlayStation. He turns back to look at me, and runs up to me. "Kazuo!" He hugs me.

"Hey hey. Satoshi." I smiled as I ruffled his hair.

"It is Satoshi, not Saatoshi." He chuckles.

"Sorry. I just have a weird way of saying things. Let's play this game okay?" I smiled as I went to sit next to him on his bed, and grabbed the spare controller laying on his pillow.

I would occasionally look his way to see his happy expression. I loved to see little Satoshi happy. I placed my hand on his head, and smiled. I hoped that he grows up to be whatever he wants unlike my brother.