【Part 14: Sun】「Satoshi」

Chapter 14: Sun

It felt weird. I was looking across to  Kazuo's son. I didn't even know he was released. I felt tense, but I could tell he was too.

"So Satoshi, I am sorry." He bows.

"Sorry for what?"

"For everything. I am sorry for my father too. I know me, and him don't get along, but I still apologize on his behalf."

"You weren't much better."

"It's just..I really loved you. I know what I did was wrong."

I finally looked up to face him. His striking resemblance to Kazuo threw me off my calm poker face. I blushed a bit. Looking at a younger, and kinder looking Kazuo really was hard for me.

"Why do you love me? I loved your dad."

"Because I don't know. Me, and him like the same things. Plus you are near my age. It isn't wrong is it?"

"I guess not. What happened to Kazuo?" I wanted to get off the subject quickly. I didn't want Hiro to love me. It would only cause problems.

"My father went to prison like me. Shit happened to him."

"But is he dead?" I went straight for the money.

"I don't know. I assume he is still in prison." He shrugs.

"You don't know?"

"How can I? I was locked up too." He sighs.

"Why did they let you out?"

"Because of my mother's status." He looks away. "I still miss her."

I couldn't look away from this man. His face, the way his voice sounded. He really has grown in this short matter of time it amazed me. He is Kazuo practically except with black hair at this point.

"Satoshi?" He looks over at me.

"Sorry. You just look a lot like your father." I looked down.

"I've been told." His voice gentle.

"Your voice is a bit higher than his, and gentler." I sighed.

"Is that bad?"

"No. I just wish the real thing was like that." 

Hiro looked bothered. "Maybe you should move on. My father is dead isn't he?"

"He isn't."

Hiro didn't seem shocked. I looked over suspiciously. "You knew?"

"No I didn't. I don't expect my dad to be dead since he has strong willpower. Everyone has been saying he is, but I don't believe it."

"Yeah.."

"Don't tell me you still want to be with him?"

"I'm trying my best to fight it."

"He isn't the one for you. He abused, and used you for his own selfish benefits."

"I mean you both are mental." I knew I was a hypocrite for saying so, but Kazuo, and Hiro are rivals on killing. That isn't right.

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"Can you help me find the real Kazuo? I am hallucinating, and seeing him."

"I don't know where he would be at Satoshi." He frowns.

"Yes you do." I glared.

His eyes widened a bit, and he backs away. "How?"

"You are his son. Your intuition should tell you."