【Chapter 26: Splinter】「Kazuo」

Chapter 26: Splinter

For the longest time, I had forgotten I had gotten raped by that one inmate that claimed to have aids. I finally remembered when I started getting sweats all over my body almost every day. I would throw up randomly which also reminded me of that horrid time.

I've been denying it for so long, but I am dying. I finally confirmed that I am sick when down there began swelling up. Even then, I kept denying it...until that night I saw ulcers down there.

I never dared touch Satoshi once. I didn't want him to get what I had. Even though I wasn't sure at the time, I'm so glad I didn't touch him like that. I'm so glad.

I couldn't help, but cry my eyes out when I saw those...things down there. The fear of dying this way scared me the most. What would I tell Satoshi? He will be disgusted by me.

Satoshi has been optimistic, and dying to get out. I knew his plans were all fails since there is no way a prisoner can escape that easily.

I kept seeing him pick away at that wall every day. I would help occasionally, but I was weak. All those months of working out was useless. I was going to die if I don't treat this. It has been a year now since that man gave it to me. It is approaching the two year mark. I don't know how much I have left since it was untreated. I am scared shitless.

The night I saw the ulcers was also the night the hole we both worked on seemed to be at its final break. I saw Satoshi kicking at it. I felt so dumb since I never once tried that. I had to jump in when I saw the wall breaking so easily. We kicked,  and kicked, and it broke. The hole was big enough!

"Let's go!" He excitingly says. He starts crawling through the hole, and I followed behind him. I made sure to take the pen as a form of weapon. I planned to give it to Satoshi anyway. I had no use of it.

We crawled through a dirty, dusty tunnel. I could smell the outdoors just inches away.

"Kizuo! We will be free. We just have to be out of sight when we get to the outdoor fields. There is always a blind spot, and I've came to know where."

I nodded. I had to wait until we were actually in a big enough space so I could give him the pen.

We came to a bigger area where we could both sit down. It was filled with spider webs. I saw a vent that lead outside.

I held the pen up to Satoshi. "Po ek sin." I tried my best to speak. It was hard.

"Thanks. I will protect you. No worries." He takes the pen. I could tell Satoshi had more strength at this point.

Satoshi began kicking the vent. I made sure he wasn't looking, and slightly lifted up my shirt. I saw rashes everywhere on my stomach, and chest. Blotches were all over my body. Luckily there weren't any on my arms yet. I started sweating. I got scared...way too scared.

I have to get out of here. If I die, who will take care of Satoshi? I want to change. I want to seek help. I will do anything to be by his side, and take care of him.

"Uhhhgh!" I threw up on my own lap. I felt sick.

Satoshi turned around. "Kizuo!" He takes off his shirt, and began cleaning my lap.