【Part 4: Brain】「Satoshi」

Chapter 4: Brain

I examined Seiji carefully everyday, but saw nothing out of the norm. What the hell did Kazuo give me?

"You may go home now." Seiji looks my way, and I did as I was told. I packed up my belongings, and went out to the parking lot.

"Satoshi.." Kazuo stood in front of my car with a small smile.

"Hey." I walked over to him. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you." He touches my face.

I smacked his hand away. Kazuo was with another, and yet he can still be such a player. It didn't sit well with me.

"What's wrong?"

"You have someone. I know you think I am a fool all the time, but even I have expectations."

"I dumped her yesterday."

I didn't know if I should believe it. Kazuo making me do things that are morally wrong. I felt like an idiot since I found it extremely hard to say no to him.

"Are you telling the truth this time?"

"Yeah."

I heard footsteps behind me. "Yo dude, you left your keys!" Junko runs up to us. His eyes looked over at Kazuo, and then at me. Kazuo looked pretty nervous.

"Who's this Satoshi?" He asked.

"Ah umm.." I didn't know what to say. If I said Kazuo, then everyone would know he's alive. "Yoru." I blurted out.

"Nice to meet you Yoru. I'm Junko." He smiles.

"Yeah haha." Kazuo laughs nervously. "I got to go Satoshi."

"No, I want to talk to you."

Junko quickly backs off, and leaves. "See you Satoshi."

I saw he left my keys on my car roof. I grabbed them, and looked at Kazuo. "Please Kazuo."

"Ah okay." He seemed reluctant, but agreed to follow me by car to my place.

We arrived at my apartment. He walks in, and goes to sit on the couch. I stared at him oddly. He always wore his jacket, and shoes. It wasn't very traditional, and his shoes would cause dirt amongst the carpet.

"I suggest you get comfortable. I want to have dinner." I said.

"I don't think so." He gets up, and I grabbed his arm.

"Why? You don't have that girl waiting do you?"

"No...I am single. I dumped her."

"Do you have a photo?"

"No. I don't think that is relevant now Satoshi." He looked annoyed.

"Stay for dinner please. I'm doing this dirty work for you." I frowned. It wasn't fair. I just wanted his attention, but he seems distant.

"Okay, but can I keep my shoes on?" He asked.

"Why? It's causing the rug to be dirty, and I hate cleaning."

"I'll clean it. Just please." He looked adamant.

"If it will make you stay then sure." I didn't get his odd behavior.

I watched as he removed his jacket, and laid it on the couch. He makes his way to the kitchen table, and sits. I watched him carefully. He sat with a slump. I never noticed how casually he moves. I always remembered him with a good posture, and appealing walk. He just seems sloppy now. Maybe he's nervous. Maybe he's afraid of being found out.