【Part 10: Cans】「Satoshi」

Chapter 10: Cans

I woke up with an empty bed next to me. I had already expected to be alone. I was so sad. I wanted to cry, but my tears wouldn't come. Kazuo didn't sleep with me or anything. I knew he had someone else. I still wondered who.

It was a Saturday. Takuto was suppose to visit today. He had recently been staying at an inn nearby. I didn't tell him or anyone of my encounter with Kazuo last night. I wanted to keep things a secret.

I started walking downstairs only to see Kazuo watching tv. I was ecstatic. "Kazuo!" I called out, and ran downstairs. He looks back at me with a cold expression. I immediately stopped at my tracks.

"You are a liar." He gets up, and holds out a used condom wrapper. It was from the other night with Kyou. My heart stopped for a split second.

"I can explain." I said nervously.

"I don't care who you fuck during your spare time, but don't fucking lie to me." He goes up to slap me across the face. I didn't feel much pain from it at all. I had gotten used to this abuse.

"I'm sorry...I thought you would get mad."

"I will kill you. Don't tell anyone about me! Don't lie to me!" He growls, and I backed away.

"I'm sorry...."

"You know you are a slut." He spats. "I knew from the beginning you were like that. You are good for nothing. You sit your ass waiting for me when I told you from the beginning I had no interest in your ass." He glares.

Where did this anger come from? Nothing he said could tear me down since I already know the truth of myself.

"Why are you so mad? You have someone else don't you?"

He looked angrier. "You believe that shit?! I just said it to get you off my back. You want me back right?!"

"Yes..."

"Give Seiji the rest of the pills by Monday. After, I will take you back, and we can move away from here."

"To hide your death?" I asked.

"Of course."

"How did you escape." I asked once again. My gut feeling told me to.

"You let me worry about that. Just do what I need you to."

A part of me felt relieved that Kazuo was single, but I felt uneasy every time we spoke. It was like he was bi polar, and it made me get worrisome.

"I got to go. Take care of it." Kazuo left my house without another word. Why was he so cold? All I wanted was his love. I would do anything.

Later that afternoon I decided to go to the park. Takuto said he would meet me here. I remembered the memories of when Ita and I came here. We would play basketball for hours. A tear escaped my eye, and I quickly wiped it away. Ita wouldn't want me to cry.

"Hey kid." I knew instantly it was Takuto. He sat down next to me on the bench. "Have you seen Kazu?"

"I have."

"Asked him about the grave?"

"I did, but he wouldn't tell me." I sighed.

Takuto sighed as well. "How about we have a relaxing day, and just stroll around the shopping center."

"I guess that works." I didn't really like shopping, but it beats worrying about nonsense.

"You okay?"

"I don't think Kazuo is healthy for me." I finally admitted.

"No shit! I am sure everyone knew that!" Takuto spat out.