【Chapter 25: Free】「Satoshi」

Chapter 25: Free

My knee finally healed so the guards took my crutches just in case I would use them as weapons. I made sure to keep track of our daily activities everyday. I had to figure out every pattern. It is like a contract. You must find that loop hole. There has to be one in prison. I knew this wasn't one of the highly secured prisons, but there were a shit ton of guards nonetheless.

It was one late night when I finally devised a plan for both me, and Kizuo.

"Every other week we do some form of community service. The inmates are separated into two so one goes one week, and the other goes the next week. When it is their turn to go, there are significantly less guards on duty here." I scribbled down some sort of plan on a slip of paper, but I kept fucking up.

Kizuo stared at me. He doesn't try to interact much with me. He must be worried or he already knew we would die here. I didn't want to give up.

I stared at him. He seemed to be staring at one spot for a long time. The ground. He didn't look happy either. I didn't like that look on him. I will do whatever it takes to get out.

We've been here for at least five months now, and I was going crazy. I couldn't take it. I miss the sunlight. I miss being outdoors.

"At night time we can always try something. We do have a evening community service group every other week as well. We just have to escape then."

I scribbled down that idea as well. That was a decent plan. Then again, I felt really uncomfortable escaping while there are others around us. It has to be just me, and Kizuo escaping.

"You are strong right? You can punch walls or something right? Why don't we try to make a hole in the wall. The security isn't high here at all."

Kizuo nodded, and points to the small area under the bed. There was a small hole already. It could fit a watermelon. It needed to be a bit bigger.

"This is perfect! We can make it big enough to escape. I will still keep my other plan though."

Kizuo seemed to look more, and more distant as time went on. What was on his mind? Was he scared? I wasn't.

"Hey...it will be okay." I held his hand.

His eyes began watering. He shook his head.

"What's wrong?" I frowned, and sat next to him.

He wrote on the paper, "I am sick. Very sick."

"Can't they treat you?!" I asked in fear.

"No." He wrote.

This was crucial now. I have to get out soon. I need him to get treated. "What is it?"

He shook his head, and began sweating excessively. I held him. "Hey it will be okay. Just rest now okay? I will get us out soon I promise."

I gave him the blanket, and he laid down. I was worried. If he has a fever or something it won't be good for our plan.

The next morning I woke up on the floor. I had forgotten I fell asleep while writing. I quickly hid the paper in the hole Kizuo had made on the wall. I went to check on him instantly. He was still hot, and sweaty.

I woke him up. "Hey wake up. We have to go eat."

He slowly opened his eyes. He looked to be sore too. I had to help him up. "You will be okay. I promise."

"Breakfast!" An officer yelled.

We were all escorted to the lunch room.  It was the same old disgusting food. Some nasty meat, rice, and soggy string beans.