【Part 8: Grave】「Satoshi」

Chapter 8: Grave

"Kyou stopped working?" I asked Junko.

"Yeah. Basically he rejected Yamada's plea to stay. Don't know why."

I wanted to ask Kyou so many things, but that seemed to be impossible at this point. I guess I can always contact him after work. Maybe his guilt has gotten to him, and he couldn't do this anymore. I don't blame him.

"Well it is time to close. I got to get home. My drama is playing tonight." He chuckles, and leaps out of his chair.

I hadn't seen Seiji all day. His office door was closed. Maybe he's sad? I didn't even get the chance to give him the pills today.

His door slowly opened as that thought occurred. A small boy walked out with him. He had his hand in Seiji's hand. Could it be his child?

Seiji looked my way, and then averted his eyes to the small child. "Let's go." He says gently to the child, and walks off. Seeing Seiji in a fatherly light was pretty unusual, and bizarre.

I decided to just head home. It was even tiring just following Seiji. What was I even doing now?

Later that night, I waited for Kazuo to visit. He didn't. He never does. He hardly does. I felt like an idiot.

Knock knock! I jumped out of my couch, and ran towards the door. I opened it, and a really familiar face stood before me.

"Takuto...?" I noticed instantly by his stubble beard, and wavy hair. He looked much older as expected. He was having grey in his hair now instead of blonde.

"Kid!"

"How did you find me?" I looked away nervously.

"I heard what happened with Kazuo. I am sorry kid. Even though you aren't a kid anymore." He smiles lovingly.

"It's okay."

"Kazuo was a mess of a guy. I think you shouldn't be too hung on him."

"He's alive." I whispered.

"Kid you are crazy. He's dead as fuck." He scoffed.

"No, he has came over my house."

"I would need to see it to believe it buddy. Unless he magically dug himself out."

"His grave?" My eyes widened.

"Obviously." He rolls his eyes.

"He gav-" I stopped myself. I didn't want to tell anyone Kazuo gave me strange white pills. I might be sent back to that nut place.

"Hmm?" Takuto looked in question.

"Nothing."

"Want to visit his grave with me? Just to prove you are a crazy lunatic thinking the dead is alive?"

Takuto was brutal, and honest. Everyone practically kissed my ass to make me feel better, but he was still as wise, and honest as before. I hated yet loved that side of him.

"I guess that wouldn't hurt." I was unsure if I wanted to see the grave. I didn't want to see the grave untouched. That means I am seeing things.

"Well we can tomorrow. You mind if I stay the night?"

"Nope. Come in." I lead him in the house. He carried around a black backpack. What an idiot, a suitcase would have been better.

The next morning I woke to the smell of crepes. I instantly got out of bed, and scurried downstairs. Takuto was cooking something up.