【Part 11: Sane】「Satoshi」

Chapter 11: Sane

I handed Seiji his coffee. The remaining four pills were already mixed in there. A part of me felt uneasy. What if something happens to him on the spot?

"You okay?" Junko looked at me. I was breaking out a sweat.

"Y-yeah." I quickly regained my posture.

"You got a guest waiting in the waiting room for you. The dude from the other day."

"Huh?" Junko could only mean Kazuo. I quickly dashed out the office, and down to the lobby. The receptionist pointed to the doors leading outside. I ran pass the electronic double doors to find Kazuo sitting outside on his motorcycle, smoking a cigarette. He had a helmet on, but I could see his blond bangs peeking out, and his golden eyes. I knew it was him instantly.

"Kazuo!"

"Hey Satoshi, is it your lunch break?" He slowly removes the helmet. He had on a mini ponytail. His hair was growing rapidly every time I see him.

"Yeah basically..." I blushed.

"Hop on, let's have lunch together." He smiles gently.

What was with him? He was sure bi polar. I never know what to expect every time I see him.

"You aren't angry anymore?" I asked him.

"Course not." He chuckles. "I can't stay mad at you."

"But you said such nas-"

"Hey!" Junko ran over towards us. "You are Satoshi's friend. You have a motorcycle!? So cool!" His jaw dropped.

"Why yes." Kazuo smiles. "I was just about to take Satoshi for lunch."

"Well be safe Satoshi." Junko pats my back. I realized Junko knows nothing of Kazuo so he won't say anything to anyone. Kazuo must know too since he seems so casual.

"Thanks." I said to Junko. He walks away to some nearby sandwich house for lunch. Now it was me, and my Kazuo.

"Nice guy." He shrugs.

"I guess...." I breathed in. "Kazuo, are you alright?"

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"You act different every time I see you."

"I act the same." He frowns.

"Well not really. Don't worry about it though. I finished what I had to do. With the pills, and all."

"Your pills?" He asked.

"No, the ones you gave me."

He was silent for a bit. "I told you I didn't give you any."

I thought for a second. Kazuo doesn't want people to know. That is why he is saying that. That's it! I played along. "Oh yeah sorry, it's my pills." I said.

"Must be." He replies.

"Where are we going?"

"Well I wanted to eat noodles. Is that okay?" He looks at me for confirmation.

"That is okay."

"Come on." He puts back on the helmet. I went to sit on the back seat with my arms around his waist. He hands me a spare helmet, and I placed it on.

My arms were around his waist. He felt different again. He was skinnier than I had remembered. He must be going through a lot as well. I felt bad, but then I had no reason to. I've been following his orders all along.