【Chapter 18: Acts】「Satoshi」

Chapter 18: Acts

I watched as Junko ran across the street to fetch the coffee. I knew exactly what Seiji always ordered. I kept my cap on, and scarf around my neck as I approached the cafe.

Junko was ordering, and jamming to some music on his phone. What a moron. I dusted off the snow on my cap, and went towards him. I gave him a slight tap on the shoulder, and he spun around.

"Satoshi?"

"Hey man." I tried to sound excited, but I knew I wasn't at the least.

"How you holding up man?" He frowns.

"Good. You are the coffee grabber now?" I chuckled.

"Yeah pretty much."

The lady handed him the tray of coffee cups. The red one was Seiji's for sure. The tray had eight holders. He had two trays. I had to figure out how to get him to leave the trays.

"Uhg....I don't feel well." I held my head.

Junko sets down the trays at a nearby table, and tends to me. "You okay?"

I pretended to faint, and he grabs me. "Satoshi?!"

"I'm okay. Just a slight headache." I went to sit down as he follows.

"Can I buy you a drink or something?" His concern expression almost made me want to laugh.

"Sure..." I held my head.

"Okay! Be right back." He runs back to the counter.

I quickly grabbed the packet of thallium from my pocket, and flipped open Seiji's lid, and poured it in. My hands were shaking as I sloppily placed the lid back. I peeked over to Junko who was conversing with the lady cashier. I neatly fixed the cap, and wiggled the cup around to mix it in.

Junko seemed to be really into the conversation with the girl. I felt I wasn't going to get this stupid coffee. I wanted to leave. I quickly got up, and tapped him.

"I got to go somewhere. Just keep the coffee." I turned quickly, and left before he could say anything to me. This guy was no help. Luckily his stupidity was in my favor today.

I drove back home, and went inside. I did it. Seiji will die. Will Kazuo come back to me? I'm going crazy. Where was his kid's body? Where has Hiro been?

"Satoshi?"

I turned to the voice. No one. I couldn't figure out who the voice belonged to. It was a male voice. I held my head. It began throbbing in pain.

"Kill him Satoshi!"

"Satoshi...I love you. If you kill him."

"Get Kyou! Get all his loved ones!"

"Satoshi do this!"

"Satoshi! Why are you so worthless?!"

"Satoshi! He is almost dead!"

Kazuo's voice started to overpower my mind. Was I going insane? It can't be. Nice, and mean Kazuo isn't real so why am I following orders?!

"AHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I couldn't take this anymore! I grabbed a nearby vase, and smashed it on the ground. It felt good. It felt good to let out this anger.

I dropped on the ground, and cried. What is going on with me? Why can't I have control? I know what the right thing to do is, yet I continue to do the wrong things. I cried out my frustrations until I fell asleep.

I dreamt, and dreamt. I realized in my own dreams how fucked up my life has became. Life was so simple at one point. I had it all. Now I have nothing.