Chapter Nine

"Well.. Alright then. See ya later." Jerome gave him a polite nod, not realizing the pain in Mitch's eyes or how forced the smile on his face was.
He climbed down the tree, walking back into the school.

As soon as he was gone, Mitch burst into tears. It was that sobbing that shook your entire body, made it almost impossible to breath, the kind that only happened from a broken heart. He brought his knees to his chest, leaning against the tree trunk as he cried. There was a reason he hardened his heart. He told himself never to fall again, put up his shields and barriers to protect himself..
But then Jerome had to ruin his damn life.

It wasn't fair. It was quite ironic, how Jerome wanted to be noticed so badly by Seto, was so hurt when the feelings weren't mutual.. Yet he was doing to exact same to Mitch.

"Fuck him. Fuck this. I'm done. I'm done! You win, you sick bastard! I give up! I'll do it! I'll fucking do it!" He yanked out a syringe, fumbling blindly with the weapon.

He wasn't aware of the quivering boy under the tree, who was listening with wide hazel eyes and terrified expression. "M-Mitch..." Seto whimpered, backing away slowly from the trunk. "A-are you.."

"Shut up!" Mitch shrieked, catching sight of the tiny boy. "It's your fault! All your fucking fault!" The sky was ominously dark now, distant thunder rumbling in the distance.

"W-what? Calm down.." He whined, glancing around nervously as Mitch dropped from the tree. "Why do you have a needle? W-What's wrong with you?!" Terror was clear on his face as the Canadian started to advance towards him, swaying with every step.

"Stay out of my life, you little bitch! This is your final warning! I'm not letting you take him away from me!" Mitch spat, his voice laced with venom. "I hate you!"

"W-What did I ever do to you?" Seto was at the point of tears, backing away until he hit the wall of the school building.

"Exist." The final thing Seto heard was that snarl before everything went black.

Oops o3o
Don't worry
Happier chapters coming soon :D
Not what Y'all expected, EYYY? ;)
Please favorite the chapters and make sure to comment!